or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Bike buying advice › Fuji Team RC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fuji Team RC

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Anyone out there have any experience on the Fuji team rc. I may have an oppurtunity to purchase one at a very good price. Just trying find out is anyone else has owned or has some knowlege about the riding qualities of this bike. The equipement sounds very good for the 2007 model such as dura ace, carbon frame, FSA crank, mavik krysium wheels, and richey stem and bars. Thanks for the responses.
Glen
post #2 of 6
Thread Starter 

Re: Fuji Team RC

I purchase this bike on Sunday and it turned out to be Fuji's 06 model. To me this maybe better because it has the truvativ carbon crank and cane creek volos xl wheels. The ride is nice, not has nice as the Trek but smoother than my aluminum KHS. The bike just takes off when you get out of the saddle and pedal, it is fast. I have put about 35 miles on it riding a 1.2 mile street that is blocked off for traffic ( Memorial park, Houston ). The seat is the only thing I don't like, very painful. A nieghbor just gave me another seat to try and I think it will be an improvement. I need something comfortable for the Hotter Than Hell 100 in 2 1/2 weeks. I will post pictures this weekend.

Glen
post #3 of 6

Re: Fuji Team RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by glens2422
I purchase this bike on Sunday and it turned out to be Fuji's 06 model. To me this maybe better because it has the truvativ carbon crank and cane creek volos xl wheels. The ride is nice, not has nice as the Trek but smoother than my aluminum KHS. The bike just takes off when you get out of the saddle and pedal, it is fast. I have put about 35 miles on it riding a 1.2 mile street that is blocked off for traffic ( Memorial park, Houston ). The seat is the only thing I don't like, very painful. A nieghbor just gave me another seat to try and I think it will be an improvement. I need something comfortable for the Hotter Than Hell 100 in 2 1/2 weeks. I will post pictures this weekend.

Glen
What course are you riding? A friend and I are doing the 100k route this year. I just recently changed seats on my road bike from a padded seat to a harder narrower seat. The old seat used to rub me raw a little bit in the crouch , even using a lube. The new seat eliminated that, but now my cheekbones are sore from the harder seat. Any recommendations on a better, more comfortable seat? Maybe I should start a new thread for that question..............

David
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 

Re: Fuji Team RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadburn
What course are you riding? A friend and I are doing the 100k route this year. I just recently changed seats on my road bike from a padded seat to a harder narrower seat. The old seat used to rub me raw a little bit in the crouch , even using a lube. The new seat eliminated that, but now my cheekbones are sore from the harder seat. Any recommendations on a better, more comfortable seat? Maybe I should start a new thread for that question..............

David
Hi David,

My brother and I are doing the 100mile course. He might not make it that far but I feel pretty confident I can go the 100. I did another 100 miler in July in Katy. On the matter of the seat my neighbor just gave me one of his seats which I will try out tomorrow. It has more padding in the back. I might suggest going to performance bike shop in Dallas. They are located in the Spring Creek shopping ctr in Plano. If you buy something there and you don't like it you can return it. Its a good way to find out what will work best. The other seat on my Khs was ok but I got butt burn after my 100 mile ride. A cream can also help and they have that at performance. Good luck.

Glen
post #5 of 6

Re: Fuji Team RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by glens2422
Hi David,

My brother and I are doing the 100mile course. He might not make it that far but I feel pretty confident I can go the 100. I did another 100 miler in July in Katy. On the matter of the seat my neighbor just gave me one of his seats which I will try out tomorrow. It has more padding in the back. I might suggest going to performance bike shop in Dallas. They are located in the Spring Creek shopping ctr in Plano. If you buy something there and you don't like it you can return it. Its a good way to find out what will work best. The other seat on my Khs was ok but I got butt burn after my 100 mile ride. A cream can also help and they have that at performance. Good luck.

Glen
Glen,
Thanks and Good Luck on your ride!

David
post #6 of 6

Re: Fuji Team RC

Everyone's butt is different - so there is no guarantee here.

If you go to performance bike - or some other LBS - I'd suggest trying the men's Terry Fly saddle (the one with the fly on the back) ... twist some arms and you might be able to get them to match the $79.99 price it just was on sale for (www.qbike.com still shows the 79.99 price for performance). I've largely repopulated all my bikes with 'em.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Bike buying advice
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Bike buying advice › Fuji Team RC