shaky hub question

Radical Reed

Guest
alright, heres the situation. today I noticed a very slight movment in
my uni when I hoped around, at first I thought it was the pedels, so I
tightend the bearings. but then i lifted the uni and I found I could
feel a shaking in the hub (I think) when I jiggled the wheel. does any
one know what this is/ how to fix it?

i don't know if this will help, but I ride Profile cranks/hub

thanks
-Reed

EDIT:wOOt post 500, half way to 1000!

--
Radical Reed

sorry cheese lovers your outa my sig
'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
' .' (http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php)
'LBS' (http://www.mbps.ca/)
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

This happened to my girlfriends uni, and my uni when I got a new frame.

Seras brother, Zach, thought it was the pedals, took them off, put them
back on real tight, it still rattled. He then though is was her hub.

I cam over a little after that to ride with everyone and they told me
the problem, so i looked at it and jiggled it back in forth, and notice
one of the bearing holders was loose.

This happened on my uni when I got my new frame, I side hopped down an
8-set and wrecked the landed, got up, did it again and landed, but
noticed it being loose, I though my hub or cranks bent or something,
then realised the bearing holder came loose form the frame being new.

Check that and see if it is what is causing the problem.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

+1 to both...It happens to me every so often.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

Radical Reed wrote:
> I have to herd the polor bears, while harvesting pot. Then I sit down on
> my couch made of softwood lumber with a glass of maple syrup and watch
> a hockey game or a gay marrige.

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:43:04 -0500, Radical Reed wrote:

>Hey! you guys were all correct. thanks a lot:D

Now the challenge is to NOT overtighten the bearing holders. The
criterion is that the wheel should spin freely.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"I'm slowly but surely stealing Wales and bringing it back to my house on the wheel, frame and cranks of my muni. - phil"