10yr old Giant XTC 1

Brettles

Jul 30, 2023
Hello all,
New member here. Looking to get back into cross country riding and I'm stuck on what to purchase.
I've been looking at a new Merida big 9 200 but I've spotted a 2012 Giant XTC 1 for half the price. The Giant looks to be in excellent condition and has recently been serviced at a shop. Is this Giant worth looking at even though it's 10yrs old?

Thank you

That is really your choice. But I would pay close attention to Craig's List since I once picked up a "used once" Trek HiFi for 1/3rd the new cost. The owner rode across the street, hit the curb and fell down and gave up cycling. While this was a once in a lifetime deal for me, they are out there.

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. While it's true that buying a brand new bike might be a popular choice, considering alternatives like checking out Craig's List can be a wise move. I actually stumbled upon a great deal there myself - a Trek HiFi that was hardly used, for just a fraction of the original price! The previous owner had an unfortunate incident where they fell off their bike, and decided to give up cycling. So, keep your eyes open, because these kinds of deals do exist. Good luck with your bike search!