(2007-07-27) Survey on the RFC site: How far would you be preparedto travel...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Chatty Cathy, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. Chatty Cathy

    Chatty Cathy Guest

    .... to attend a cook-in...

    http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

    Vote now! (or not)

    Thanks go to ChrisD for suggesting (most of) this survey.
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy
     
    Tags:


  2. In article <3Nrqi.3506$dA7.3432@newsfe16.lga>, Chatty Cathy <cathy1234@mailinator.com> wrote:
    >.... to attend a cook-in...
    >
    >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
    >
    >Vote now! (or not)
    >
    >Thanks go to ChrisD for suggesting (most of) this survey.


    Wow, seventeen votes but no one posted about it yet? And here I thought I
    might be #1 and win that damn hat...

    --
    Jani in WA
     
  3. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:

    > ... to attend a cook-in...


    Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

    There are other food get-togethers in other groups, especially
    the local food groups (though maybe not strictly a "cook-in").
    Somehow I always get elected to arrang the local food
    get-togethers, but their hosted at restaurants that can tolerate
    us.

    And there are a couple a year in AFB/ABF. Which I didn't make
    this year due to transportation/time constraints, but really
    wanted to. That would have been 900+ miles.

    -sw
     
  4. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    news:w55ac114gvgi.dlg@sqwertz.com...

    >> ... to attend a cook-in...
    >>

    > Depends on who's going to be there and what
    > group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
    > Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
    > instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.


    When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
    gathering up just for you...

    The Ranger
     
  5. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:28:21 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

    > Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    > news:w55ac114gvgi.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    >
    >>> ... to attend a cook-in...
    >>>

    >> Depends on who's going to be there and what
    >> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
    >> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
    >> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

    >
    > When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
    > gathering up just for you...


    I'll take that as a threat. It's a date: See you the first week
    of September. You'll know me when you see me.

    -sw
     
  6. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:

    > Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    > hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    > there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.


    Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
    any volunteers to fill in for him?

    -sw
     
  7. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    news:1q8xufnadlgdt$.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:28:21 -0700, The Ranger wrote:
    >> Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    >> news:w55ac114gvgi.dlg@sqwertz.com...


    >>>> ... to attend a cook-in...
    >>>>
    >>> Depends on who's going to be there and what
    >>> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
    >>> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
    >>> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

    >>
    >> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd
    >> set a special gathering up just for you...
    >>

    > I'll take that as a threat. [snip remaining bleating]


    LOL.

    If you're back in the area, post a note in ba.food. I'm sure you'd
    be surprised at the turnout (and the number not interested if
    someone put your head on a pig pole...)

    The Ranger
    --
    I called you arrogant, but should have used a much longer list of
    pejoratives.
    -- Oorah!!, sdnet.eats, 6/17/03
     
  8. bob

    bob Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:55:50 -0500, Steve Wertz
    <swertz@cluemail.compost> magnanimously proffered:

    >On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    >> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    >> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    >> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

    >
    >Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
    >any volunteers to fill in for him?
    >
    >-sw


    You could ask Dr. Richard Tubb, the Air Force colonel who performed
    GWB's colonoscopy. After what he's seen, I'm sure he could recommend a
    suitable replacement ...



    --

    una cerveza mas por favor ...

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     
  9. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    The Ranger wrote:
    > Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    > news:w55ac114gvgi.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    >
    >>> ... to attend a cook-in...
    >>>

    >> Depends on who's going to be there and what
    >> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
    >> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
    >> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

    >
    > When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
    > gathering up just for you...
    >
    > The Ranger


    Oh my! I'm flattered! Would you pay for my airline ticket?! <G> I'll pay
    for the food I'd cook!

    Jill
     
  10. sf

    sf Guest

    On Jul 27, 6:45 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
    > > ... to attend a cook-in...

    >
    > Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    > hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    > there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
    >

    <snip>

    who is Paul????
     
  11. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    sf wrote:
    > On Jul 27, 6:45 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
    >>> ... to attend a cook-in...

    >>
    >> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    >> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    >> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
    >>

    > <snip>
    >
    > who is Paul????


    Hopefully not my brother Paul LOL
     
  12. jmcquown wrote:
    > sf wrote:
    >> On Jul 27, 6:45 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
    >>>> ... to attend a cook-in...
    >>> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    >>> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    >>> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
    >>>

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> who is Paul????

    >
    > Hopefully not my brother Paul LOL
    >
    >

    There is a poster by the name of Paul M. Cook or something like that.
     
  13. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:31:45 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

    > If you're back in the area, post a note in ba.food. I'm sure you'd
    > be surprised at the turnout (and the number not interested if
    > someone put your head on a pig pole...)


    Just because you're a social disgrace isn't reason to project
    that onto everyone else.

    Since I've hosted some of the ba.food'ers here when they visit
    Austin, I don't have any shortage of invitations when I arrive.
    Your's has been the least genuine, of course.

    -sw
     
  14. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    news:1iqgskyh4cvvj$.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    > Just because you're a social disgrace isn't reason to project
    > that onto everyone else.


    Further proof the cocktails aren't work again Steve; have your
    "therapist" adjust'em. Be sure to mention the bout of paranoia...

    The "I am out to get you" Ranger
     
  15. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:52:14 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

    > Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    > news:1iqgskyh4cvvj$.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    >> Just because you're a social disgrace isn't reason to project
    >> that onto everyone else.

    >
    > Further proof the cocktails aren't work again Steve; have your
    > "therapist" adjust'em. Be sure to mention the bout of paranoia...
    >
    > The "I am out to get you" Ranger


    Ahh, the 'ol,l "I called him on something and embarrassed myself
    miserably so I'll just call him a drunken lunatic instead"
    cover-up. Come up with something we haven't heard before.

    And you really need to practice on that misdirection technique of
    yours.

    -sw
     
  16. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    news:t5whvbt7pex2$.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    [snip]
    >> The "I am out to get you" Ranger

    >
    > [..] you really need to practice on that misdirection
    > technique of yours.


    Look over your shoulder.

    No. Not that one. The other one.

    No. Not that one. The other one.

    No...

    The "I'm already there" Ranger
     
  17. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:07:41 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

    > Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    > news:t5whvbt7pex2$.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    > [snip]
    >>> The "I am out to get you" Ranger

    >>
    >> [..] you really need to practice on that misdirection
    >> technique of yours.

    >
    > Look over your shoulder.
    >
    > No. Not that one. The other one.
    >
    > No. Not that one. The other one.
    >
    > No...
    >
    > The "I'm already there" Ranger


    <yawn> The 'ol "When all else fails, stop many any sense or at
    all and maybe everybody will think I'm somehow intellectually
    superior" ploy.

    Boring. Let me know when you're done.

    -sw
     
  18. maxine in ri

    maxine in ri Guest

    On Jul 27, 10:55 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:
    > > Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    > > hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    > > there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

    >
    > Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
    > any volunteers to fill in for him?
    >
    > -sw


    I thought that's what you were doing....
    ;-)
    maxine in ri
     
  19. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    news:ylf12rz79gek$.dlg@sqwertz.com...
    [snip]
    > <yawn>


    Oh! You've wounded me to the core, you have!

    > Let me know when you're done.


    You'll be the second one to know.

    The Ranger
     
  20. Omelet

    Omelet Guest

    In article <w55ac114gvgi.dlg@sqwertz.com>,
    Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
    >
    > > ... to attend a cook-in...

    >
    > Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
    > hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
    > there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
    >
    > There are other food get-togethers in other groups, especially
    > the local food groups (though maybe not strictly a "cook-in").
    > Somehow I always get elected to arrang the local food
    > get-togethers, but their hosted at restaurants that can tolerate
    > us.


    That's because you know the Austin food scene the best...

    and you are always willing. ;-)

    >
    > And there are a couple a year in AFB/ABF. Which I didn't make
    > this year due to transportation/time constraints, but really
    > wanted to. That would have been 900+ miles.
    >
    > -sw

    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson
     

Share This Page

Loading...