A fateful realization

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
I had been evading this notion of writing this experience but I guess it's about time.

During our brief vacation in a lake resort last month, the children rented a bike and I was tempted to have one for myself. On the saddle, I had this scary feeling that I couldn't bike anymore. Remember that I have this occasional swelling on my right leg and I was retired from biking for several month.

Now, back to the rented bike, my husband and the kids were prodding me so I relented. My husband pushed the bike and when it moved, I seemed to have lost control of the handlebar and I went straight to the plants by the sidewalk. Worse, I fell down. How could that happen when all I needed to do was to put my feet on the ground. I really couldn't say why but definitely I am now a failure in biking.

You need to driiink more... :p

HDUC4L0u.jpeg

Reactions: steve
Aaw you're definitely not a failure! Everyone wipes out now and then, I know I have! Especially with the problems you've been having with your leg, and the fact that you haven't cycled in awhile. Sometimes it takes a couple rides to get back into it! Also, if your husband gave you a push on the bike maybe you just weren't expecting to be moved at that moment and got surprised. It was just one little fall, don't get too discouraged! :)

This made me laugh. I can totally relate to that. I guess when we get surprised and scared in a way, knowing that we are going to hit something or finish in the bushes, we just instantly raise our legs up instead of putting them on the ground. I has happened to me a lot, over the years, it is nothing to be ashamed of. Mostly it is just funny. I am sure your children had a good laugh. :)

Aw, I don't think you're a failure in riding a bike. It's more like, you're back to square one since you haven't been riding it for months now. And just like a newbie, you just need to get acquainted with it again. Regarding your leg, you just need a heads up from your doctor. Does he allow you to ride a bike again? If so, it will just take some time before you are able to handle riding a bike again. You can do it!

You're not a failure. You said you took a break, so that could be why. You just need to get back into the swing of things and you'll be fine.