Another informal survey: how many miles do you ride/week?

Mike S.

Guest
Since the wheelset question went over well, here's another.

How many hours/km/miles do you ride a week? Total for the year?

I'm averaging about 2-2.5hours/day during the week, and 3.45-4 hours each day on the weekend when
I'm not racing or at the track doing Madison workouts. Generally, I'll go 60-80km/day during the
week, and 100-120km/day on the weekends.

You?

Mike

Mike S. wrote:

> Since the wheelset question went over well, here's another.
>
> How many hours/km/miles do you ride a week? Total for the year?
>
> I'm averaging about 2-2.5hours/day during the week, and 3.45-4 hours each day on the weekend when
> I'm not racing or at the track doing Madison workouts. Generally, I'll go 60-80km/day during the
> week, and 100-120km/day on the weekends.
>
> You?

I currently ride around 10 miles a day almost every day, with a couple of longer rides a week. So
maybe I do 100 miles a week. Now that the weather is getting better, I'll be riding for pleasure a
lot more, so that should double or triple, or the equivalent -- I do a lot of mountain biking, which
doesn't have the same mileage/effort ratio.

Matt O.

Mike S. <mikeshaw2@coxdotnet> wrote:
: Since the wheelset question went over well, here's another.

: How many hours/km/miles do you ride a week? Total for the year?

This week 0 km, next week 120 km (or maybe just 90).

I go 13 miles(~21 km) per day X 4 days per week on my commute to work (I drive on Wednesdays). I'm
currently averaging about 15 mph (24 km/h), including stops, lights, and traffic.

RFM

Averaging about 120km for the week @ about 17km/h

--
| Joel Mayes | Linux and OpenBSD | /"\ ASCII ribbon | Accordionist | | \ / campaign against |
| Musician | My PC, My Rules | X HTML mail and | Music Teacher | | / \ postings |

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Since the wheelset question went over well, here's another.
>
> How many hours/km/miles do you ride a week? Total for the year?
>
> I'm averaging about 2-2.5hours/day during the week, and 3.45-4 hours each day on the weekend when
> I'm not racing or at the track doing Madison workouts. Generally, I'll go 60-80km/day during the
> week, and 100-120km/day on the weekends.
>
> You?
>
> Mike

during the riding season here (usually mid-march thru october) i'll get in at least 100 miles a
week. when winter has set in with ice and snow, i ride the trainer for 30-45 minutes a day, 5 days a
week. smokey strodtman

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Since the wheelset question went over well, here's another.
>
> How many hours/km/miles do you ride a week? Total for the year?

This thread occurs every January, so if you are anxious to view a lot of replies, go to Google
Groups and search.

--
Mike Kruger ..."Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of
tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." --William Pitt, The Younger (1759-1806)

"Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Since the wheelset question went over well, here's another.
> >
> > How many hours/km/miles do you ride a week? Total for the year?
> >
> This thread occurs every January, so if you are anxious to view a lot of replies, go to Google
> Groups and search.
>
> --
> Mike Kruger ..."Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is
the
> argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." --William Pitt, The Younger (1759-1806)

I'm asking a specific audience. I'm trying to figure out who I'm dealing with.

So far, most of the replies to this question haven't been from the people that are most prolific.
Leads me to believe that most don't ride too much, or are doing "double secret training."

Mike

Mike S. wrote:

> I'm asking a specific audience. I'm trying to figure out who I'm dealing with.
>
> So far, most of the replies to this question haven't been from the people that are most prolific.
> Leads me to believe that most don't ride too much, or are doing "double secret training."

Are you saying the most prolific posters aren't the ones out there riding the most? I can believe it
-- it would take me a full 8-hour day to match some of the outputs I see here.

Pat
--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant. Correct email address like pdlamb
'round-about comcast point net.

12 miles a day during the week avg with stop lights and what not 15mph. Weekends maybe a 40 mile day
on Saturday or Sunday. I will do some mountain bike rides when/if I can find any near Chicago where
I recently moved. Add a couple of centuries and subtract some off days and I will probably log
around 3500-4000 miles this year. I am obviously not a competitive rider with so few miles per week.
I am just in it for the fun.

Matt R