Any Roadies near Claremont CA?

madpsy

May 25, 2006
Trying to get back into road riding. Forgot how boring it is riding alone. Been doing a lot of MTB riding with a small group the past few years. Any individuals looking for a road riding partner, or existing groups willing to let me tag along, lemme know...

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike,

I'm in Claremont. I both mountain and road bike, and am always looking for new riding partners. When and where do you like to ride?

Another suggestion: Coates cyclery on Foothill does rides every Sunday morning-alternating between road and mountain.

Cheers,
Joe
madpsy said:
Trying to get back into road riding. Forgot how boring it is riding alone. Been doing a lot of MTB riding with a small group the past few years. Any individuals looking for a road riding partner, or existing groups willing to let me tag along, lemme know...

Thanks,
Mike

I'm generally free. I'm a college prof with the summer off...I'll be in Mammoth this coming week, one last skiing trip, then pretty free. When do you usually do your road riding? I can meet up with you and tag along....lemme know...

Thanks,
Mike

zooboy650 said:
Hey Mike,

I'm in Claremont. I both mountain and road bike, and am always looking for new riding partners. When and where do you like to ride?

Another suggestion: Coates cyclery on Foothill does rides every Sunday morning-alternating between road and mountain.

Cheers,
Joe

Hey Mike,

Sorry for the late reply...was out of town.

Anyway, just about anytime is good for me. Especially since this current heat wave is ending. I am assuming that you are back from mammoth by now.

Joe

madpsy said:
I'm generally free. I'm a college prof with the summer off...I'll be in Mammoth this coming week, one last skiing trip, then pretty free. When do you usually do your road riding? I can meet up with you and tag along....lemme know...

Thanks,
Mike

Joe,

Was actually planning on going for a short ride tomorrow (Wed, June 7). My road bike's in the shop so I have to do a couple of quick repairs on my old road bike. I'm trying to get them done tonight so I can go tomorrow morning, but I may not get them done so maybe tomorrow evening. Lemme know if tomorrow evening works for you. We could meet downtown Claremont, say @ Starbucks, 5:00pm ish? Lemme know...

Mike

zooboy650 said:
Hey Mike,

Sorry for the late reply...was out of town.

Anyway, just about anytime is good for me. Especially since this current heat wave is ending. I am assuming that you are back from mammoth by now.

Joe

Hey Mike,

This evening sounds good. I will see you at starbucks at 5'ish.

Joe
madpsy said:
Joe,

Was actually planning on going for a short ride tomorrow (Wed, June 7). My road bike's in the shop so I have to do a couple of quick repairs on my old road bike. I'm trying to get them done tonight so I can go tomorrow morning, but I may not get them done so maybe tomorrow evening. Lemme know if tomorrow evening works for you. We could meet downtown Claremont, say @ Starbucks, 5:00pm ish? Lemme know...

Mike

Hey Mike,

Were you able to get your bike fixed, and are we still on?

Joe
zooboy650 said:
Hey Mike,

This evening sounds good. I will see you at starbucks at 5'ish.

Joe

madpsy said:
Any individuals looking for a road riding partner, or existing groups willing to let me tag along, lemme know...

Thanks,
Mike
Call this bike shop in the Village.
They have been doing group rides
for more than 40 years... old Bud is dead now, but the rides go on!

[size=+1]Bud's Bike Shop[/size]
(909) 621-5827
[size=-1]217 W 1st St[/size]
[size=-1]Claremont, CA 91711[/size]
I ride by myself as I don't
like to ride behind anyone,
nor in front of somebody
breathing down my throat.:):)

I just got I bike, and I'm looking for routes/people to ride with. Are the sunday morning rides something that beginners could tag along with? I'm not in bad shape, but I'm finding that running and biking hit different muscles.

Haven't participated in any of the organized rides yet. You are welcome to tag along with our little group if you like. Where are ya? We usually meet in the middle of our houses and ride from there. Planning on one tomorrow (Wed) morning if you're interested. I'll check back...

GeoChris said:
I just got I bike, and I'm looking for routes/people to ride with. Are the sunday morning rides something that beginners could tag along with? I'm not in bad shape, but I'm finding that running and biking hit different muscles.

Foothill and Mills. What time? I'm supposed to be at work @ 8, but maybe I can sneak in a bit later.

We were planning on starting at 7am tomorrow morning. We usually ride 2-3 hours but you could beg off any time you like in order to get to work at a reasonable time. We meet at the corner of Bonita and Mountain in Claremont. Let me know if you think you'll be there, if not maybe Sat morning?

GeoChris said:
Foothill and Mills. What time? I'm supposed to be at work @ 8, but maybe I can sneak in a bit later.

madpsy said:
We were planning on starting at 7am tomorrow morning. We usually ride 2-3 hours but you could beg off any time you like in order to get to work at a reasonable time. We meet at the corner of Bonita and Mountain in Claremont. Let me know if you think you'll be there, if not maybe Sat morning?
not going to be able to make it worthwhile tomorrow, thanks though. I'm heading out of town for a week and a half - I'll post something when I get back.

Hows it going? I start in Upland and only ride alone but would like to ride with a small group. One day out i hooked up with some other people on the road and discovered how fun it is to ride in a group. How fast do you guys ride? When are you planning on riding next and do you mind if i join you guys?
john

We meet at the corner of Bonita and Mountain in Claremont, near the fire station. We usually ride at a pretty reasonable pace. We usually average about 15-17 mph and ride anywhere from 30-50 miles. We're tentatively planning on riding Thur morning (8:00am), and heading down to the Santa Ana River trail Sat morning. You're welcome to join us. Lemme know...

Mike

n1civicsi said:
Hows it going? I start in Upland and only ride alone but would like to ride with a small group. One day out i hooked up with some other people on the road and discovered how fun it is to ride in a group. How fast do you guys ride? When are you planning on riding next and do you mind if i join you guys?
john

I have work on thursday but i might be interested in riding saturday. Ive been wanting to ride the river trail. How many miles are you guys planning to do saturday.

What timing. I just found this BB and am returning to road riding after a decade off with a decent amount of mtn biking over that time and looking for a riding partner or two or three for weekend or post "normal people" working hours (i.e. 5:30pm or so). "Back in the day" I was a cat 2 road/track, but that was sooooome time ago. I just bought my road bike 3 weeks ago. I'm not in bad shape, but I've got a long way to go. I'm riding the San Gabriel River Bike-Jack Trail on Tues. afternoon (I work in Duarte): ~25 miles avg. 19-20 mph, and Bonelli on Thursdays after work: 23 miles avg. same mph. I'm looking for 35, or so mile weekend rides but would take a shot at longer rides.

my usual ride is around Bonelli. I usually do 2 laps around the lake which is about 28 miles from my doorstep and back. Sometimes i'll do 3 if i feel good and that is 35 miles. I only average 17mph so i might not be great to ride with, considering your speed. You've probably passed me going around. I know last thursday i was riding someone blew past me and kept going.

genedoc said:
What timing. I just found this BB and am returning to road riding after a decade off with a decent amount of mtn biking over that time and looking for a riding partner or two or three for weekend or post "normal people" working hours (i.e. 5:30pm or so). "Back in the day" I was a cat 2 road/track, but that was sooooome time ago. I just bought my road bike 3 weeks ago. I'm not in bad shape, but I've got a long way to go. I'm riding the San Gabriel River Bike-Jack Trail on Tues. afternoon (I work in Duarte): ~25 miles avg. 19-20 mph, and Bonelli on Thursdays after work: 23 miles avg. same mph. I'm looking for 35, or so mile weekend rides but would take a shot at longer rides.