Any Roadies near Claremont CA?

n1civicsi said:
my usual ride is around Bonelli. I usually do 2 laps around the lake which is about 28 miles from my doorstep and back. Sometimes I'll do 3 if i feel good and that is 35 miles. I only average 17mph so i might not be great to ride with, considering your speed. You've probably passed me going around. I know last Thursday i was riding someone blew past me and kept going.

I passed someone and said hello today on Puddingstone that looked like someone I passed last week. Was that you?

I'm doggin on the short hills, flying on the descent (doesn't take much but a poor survival instinct) and doing "OK" on the flats. I'm doing OK on Avg speed for 20-25 miles, but I know I'm pushing and don't have the legs for that pace for a longer ride. I really need miles in the hills. Anyone want to ride GMR or Baldy on Sunday?

genedoc said:
I passed someone and said hello today on Puddingstone that looked like someone I passed last week. Was that you?

I'm doggin on the short hills, flying on the descent (doesn't take much but a poor survival instinct) and doing "OK" on the flats. I'm doing OK on Avg speed for 20-25 miles, but I know I'm pushing and don't have the legs for that pace for a longer ride. I really need miles in the hills. Anyone want to ride GMR or Baldy on Sunday?
Which way do you ride around? I go clockwise around the lake. What were you wearing? Saw a few people today going the same way as me. One guy on a silver cannondale, a cervelo, and i think a white bike with the rider wearing a white top. Im pretty new to riding and dont think i can survive riding GMR or Baldy. I know how Baldy is because i have been up there many times (not on a bike) but how is GMR? Is it ok for a newbie?

GMR is very tame. We've got a bunch of newbies coming up with us on the 2nd. Some are doing GMR only while others will continue to Baldy Village.:)

Doing Santa Ana River trail Sat morning. Gonna meet at Green River GC around 8am. Anyone who's interested is welcome to come along. Lemme know...

We were out at Bonelli around 10ish this morning too. May have seen one of ya. I'm on a Conago Technos (blue, orange, white), my buddy's on a black Felt. We go clockwise. Right turns rule.

Interested in doing GMR. Where/what time are you planning on meeting on the second? Did it about a week ago, pretty mild, just long. Would be nice to ride in a group. Lemme know...

roadfix said:
GMR is very tame. We've got a bunch of newbies coming up with us on the 2nd. Some are doing GMR only while others will continue to Baldy Village.:)

n1civicsi said:
Which way do you ride around? I go clockwise around the lake. What were you wearing? Saw a few people today going the same way as me. One guy on a silver cannondale, a cervelo, and i think a white bike with the rider wearing a white top. Im pretty new to riding and dont think i can survive riding GMR or Baldy. I know how Baldy is because i have been up there many times (not on a bike) but how is GMR? Is it ok for a newbie?
Could have been me. I wore a mostly white top but I ride a black bike. Yellow helmet. So far I've only ridden the course clockwise.

Are you guys planning on GMP on the 2nd going to start from Glendora or from Claremont? I've never ridden the loop but heard GMR has a lot of climbing too. Am I wrong?

madpsy said:
Interested in doing GMR. Where/what time are you planning on meeting on the second? Did it about a week ago, pretty mild, just long. Would be nice to ride in a group. Lemme know...
Go here:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=219393

All pertinent information is updated and contained in post #1. No need to scroll through over 10 pages of replies and chit chats....:D

Oh, BTW, my username over at the 'other' forum is Fixer :)

roadfix said:
Go here:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=219393

All pertinent information is updated and contained in post #1. No need to scroll through over 10 pages of replies and chit chats....:D

Oh, BTW, my username over at the 'other' forum is Fixer :)

hi roadfix!!!!! i was coming here to send 'em over... but i see you already did! lol!

(they can look through the 10 pages if they want! don't make them feel unwelcome!)

hope to see you on the 2nd!

I've been looking for some ride buddies as well. I live in Upland. Are you all still riding Saturday mornings? Mt. Baldy gets pretty lonesome when you're by yourself!

madpsy said:
We meet at the corner of Bonita and Mountain in Claremont, near the fire station. We usually ride at a pretty reasonable pace. We usually average about 15-17 mph and ride anywhere from 30-50 miles. We're tentatively planning on riding Thur morning (8:00am), and heading down to the Santa Ana River trail Sat morning. You're welcome to join us. Lemme know...

Mike

rcastel said:
I've been looking for some ride buddies as well. I live in Upland. Are you all still riding Saturday mornings? Mt. Baldy gets pretty lonesome when you're by yourself!
A few of us ride Sat and Sun mornings. Mix it up a little with MTB and road. When do you ride most? Maybe we could plan a time to meet up...

madpsy said:
We were planning on starting at 7am tomorrow morning. We usually ride 2-3 hours but you could beg off any time you like in order to get to work at a reasonable time. We meet at the corner of Bonita and Mountain in Claremont. Let me know if you think you'll be there, if not maybe Sat morning?
How do most of you feel about riding with recumbent riders? (Two wheels) No I'm not three hundred pounds and I don't have a beard that gets caught in the spokes.