Any tips for new BikeE RX owner?

A number of bike shops online and off closed them out in the $700-$750 range.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wow! I wish I could have found one for $700, I paid $1050! I guess that was better than $1500 for
> a giro with none of the RX features :)
>
> Robert Siegel wrote:
> >
> > By the way, if you paid more than $700 for the BikeE RX you overpaid.
They
> > are purely clearance items.
> >
> > --
> > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > > Cancel immediately and get the Giro. You will end up hating yourself
for
> > > buying a very nice but SLOOOW and out of date out of production
> > recumbent.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > >

> Yeah, here's a tip for ya.Have a lot of fun zippin' around by yourself, but don't go on any "club
> rides"...enjoy,Mark C.

When I used to own my 2001 CT, I did "club rides" at 17+ m.p.h. average and this was "box stock".
With faster rolling tires and a Zipper fairing, who knows how much better I would have done on it. I
guess my biomechanics worked for the BikeE. I got rid of it because the seat and I did not
"agree":)

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

BentJay wrote:

> Hey, Tom Sherman!
>
> As far as I know that's a front derailler on the mid drive of my RX. This devisive, splitting of
> hairs is really silly, don't you agree?...

NO! ;)

Tom Sherman - Recumbent Pedant Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

[email protected] (BentJay) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Remove the sheet metal screw "safety" stop with a vise grips and slide the seat off when you need
> to remove it. (Don't snap it off!) ...

> BentJay

Bentjay,

I have a BikeE, CT CLWB. What's the problem with "snapping" the seat off the frame when you want to
remove it? Thanks.

Doug

Bri wrote:

> Thanks for the link. I was starting to get depressed reading the other posts. I picked up the RX
> last night and road it until my legs were hurting. It is too cool!!! I did a little dirt riding
> too, the other bents that I tried and examined look like they would self destruct off road but the
> RX cruised them easily....

The BikeE FX/RX is the best handling single-track recumbent on loose surfaces that I have ridden.

Well that seems pretty good to me! I am going to mess around with my seat adjustments to see if I
can make it better although it is already much more comfortable than any other bike that I've
ridden. I also have an old shwinn beach cruiser so I am OK with the slow mode :) and I've already
been ripping down some hills that I was wondering if it would get the speed wobbles on. It never did
but it's kind of touchy at high speeds.

Edward Wong wrote:

> > Yeah, here's a tip for ya.Have a lot of fun zippin' around by yourself, but don't go on any
> > "club rides"...enjoy,Mark C.
>
> When I used to own my 2001 CT, I did "club rides" at 17+ m.p.h. average and this was "box stock".
> With faster rolling tires and a Zipper fairing, who knows how much better I would have done on it.
> I guess my biomechanics worked for the BikeE. I got rid of it because the seat and I did not
> "agree":)
>
> Edward Wong Orlando, FL

I dunno. My BikeE is a pretty fast bike. At least as fast as a Baron lowracer or a faired GRR. I
have done a number of group rides with fast paced uprights on the BikeE. It's all in the bike setup.
If you run slow tires, of course the bike will be a slug.

Cheers, Derek

Doug,

In my experience, a plastic clamp broke as I was snapping the seat off, fortunately at the end of
GOBA. Since I didn't carry spares that little part would have canned the tour if it had happened
during the week. By sliding the seat off the back of the beam, you don't stress those eeny-weeny,
impossible to find parts.

BentJay

Those parts look like they would be very easy to make, is there a better material to use other than
derlin or or whatever it is?

In article <[email protected]>, Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote:

> Those parts look like they would be very easy to make, is there a better material to use other
> than derlin or or whatever it is?

As I think someone else already mentioned in this thread, those parts were the subject of a recall
by BikeE, and were replaced with a similar-looking part with a steel binding around it. Apparently a
few of them broke when under pedalling stress, and caused accidents. I don't know where you would
get them, now that the company is no longer in business.

Paul Harris