Anybody know any good Bed and Breakfasts?

greglandron

Jan 9, 2005
Hello buddies,

Looking for b and bs that "cater" to cyclists or have a couple of sweet cruises nearby. I live in Jersey, but definitely interested in traveling so different locations will be helpful.

Has anyone ever experienced any biking vacations? I see them advertised in cycling magazines and I am very curious about them. I would appreciate anyone sharing their stories. Do you have to train for these types of vacations? Although I love/live to ride, are there other fun things do on these trips besides cycling? That bike cruise looks neat but it's mostly mtb...no thanks.

Thanks for your time...be well.

Greg

i live in St. Mary's Georgia, and work at a Kayak shop, we have several good B&B's but none that cater to roadies, my fav, the Spencer House Inn, has a bakery across the street and a local group meets there at 0800 on saturdays. we always welcome visitors that occasionally bring road bikes

The Ranney-Crawford House (www.ranney-crawford.com)

greglandron said:
Hello buddies,

Looking for b and bs that "cater" to cyclists or have a couple of sweet cruises nearby. I live in Jersey, but definitely interested in traveling so different locations will be helpful.

Has anyone ever experienced any biking vacations? I see them advertised in cycling magazines and I am very curious about them. I would appreciate anyone sharing their stories. Do you have to train for these types of vacations? Although I love/live to ride, are there other fun things do on these trips besides cycling? That bike cruise looks neat but it's mostly mtb...no thanks.

Greg

greglandron said:
Hello buddies,

Greg
Check out Santa Barbara CA. There are plenty up along the coast and a great cycling community. You can also go to Solvang the traing area of the old US Postal team. Lots of Lance siteings...lot's of beautiful country, they have the Solvang century 2x a year.

I know a couple of terrific b&b's in Virginia. I don't know that they "cater" to cyclists, but they're both in areas where the riding should be pretty nice. Both are located near Virginia wineries, historic Civil War sites, etc., so there are other things to do in the area. And both would be pretty convenient drives from Jersey.

One is Killahevlin (http://www.killahevlin.com/), "Virginia's Little Bit O' Ireland". It's in Front Royal, VA. Maybe the coolest feature is that they have a 24-hour/day, help-yourself Irish pub. It's also convenient to the Skyline Drive.

The other one is Prospect Hill (http://www.prospecthill.com/), near Charlottesville. It's surrounded by country roads, and the food is incredible.