Anyone on the east coast looking to sell a road bike?

greglandron

Jan 9, 2005
Hello Buddies,

I've been having troubles finding a decent road bike to buy anywhere I look (ebay, craigslist, newspaper ads) and I've been looking forever. I know some of you guys have a bike just sitting there not being used. Why not sell (for a reasonable price) this bike to a person that promises to ride it 100-120 miles a week. You may be keeping that bike from fufilling its destiny and that bike will resent you one day if you do not consider my humble request.

Right now, I'm riding the street on a mountain bike with roadie tires and tri-like handlebars. It's not very comfortable and/or efficient and after two years it's starting to stink on ice. The doctor says now I may need a backiatomy. Ouch.

Did I mention that it is quite a large bike? I think it has to be a 59-60 and I'm interested in buying a 56cm road bike (I'm 5'9). Only by luck and the grace of god have I managed not to fall off this thing while waiting for a red light to change.

I am also on a serious plateau in terms of my cycling. Being a lower tiered 'B' level rider is not cutting it anymore. I would like to join a club and be able to keep up with 'A' level athletes. I smile with glee just thinking about all the calories i'd be burning up on those rides. Good-bye man-teets..for good.

I'm not interested in buying a brand new bike right now, because I want the new bike I buy one day to be my dream bike. I'm getting married and want to start a family, so I'll probably only get one chance to buy a bike as sweet as the one I see when I close my eyes. For that, I do not want to blow my load purchasing a brand spanking new mid-level road bike with mid-level components. I would love to buy one used though. (wink wink)

If interested, please contact me through this thread and if a deal is reached, we could meet sometime in the near future. I live in New Jersey and would be willing to drive a couple of hours or so, in any direction. Maybe we could even go for a ride on my new bike!

Anyways, I thank you kindly for your time and attention.

Good day and be well,

Greg

Funny post! Unfortunately, my spare bike is too big for you. Good luck though.