might have a spare spot on the ATB if anyone is interested, will know for sure probably wednesday, probably about an 80% chance it will be available, so if you are interested let me know.

just have to be comfortable riding in packs and be able to average at least 30km/h for the ride, spot will be paid for, and you will have to wear the team jersey, is a team of 5. Just doing it for the challenge.

post here or PM me is interested.

On 2006-10-06, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

> Hey all,
>
> might have a spare spot on the ATB if anyone is interested, will know
> for sure probably wednesday, probably about an 80% chance it will be
> available, so if you are interested let me know.
>
> just have to be comfortable riding in packs and be able to average at
> least 30km/h for the ride, spot will be paid for, and you will have to
> wear the team jersey, is a team of 5. Just doing it for the challenge.
>
> post here or PM me is interested.

Does the spot also come with a paid for ticket for the lucky person
and their bike, as well as recreation leave?

Dammit, why did my job have to start a week before ATB?

--
TimC
One hundred hairy bugs in the code, one hundred hairy bugs....Fix one

TimC said:
Does the spot also come with a paid for ticket for the lucky person
and their bike, as well as recreation leave?

Dammit, why did my job have to start a week before ATB?

Sorry TimmyC...! maybe you do an Around Lake Burly Griffin in a Day, just do it quite a few times :)

On 2006-10-07, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

> TimC Wrote:
>>
>> Does the spot also come with a paid for ticket for the lucky person
>> and their bike, as well as recreation leave?
>>
>> Dammit, why did my job have to start a week before ATB?

> Sorry TimmyC...! maybe you do an Around Lake Burly Griffin in a Day,
> just do it quite a few times :)

Don't worry Resound -- you're not the only person to think
Coonabarabran is near Canberra! :)

If I was to do a lap of the warrumbungles a few times, that could
work, but it's not quite as flat as the bay.

--
TimC
TELESCOPE, n.

"TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 2006-10-07, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)
>>
>> TimC Wrote:
>>>
>>> Does the spot also come with a paid for ticket for the lucky person
>>> and their bike, as well as recreation leave?
>>>
>>> Dammit, why did my job have to start a week before ATB?

>> Sorry TimmyC...! maybe you do an Around Lake Burly Griffin in a Day,
>> just do it quite a few times :)

> Don't worry Resound -- you're not the only person to think
> Coonabarabran is near Canberra! :)
>
> If I was to do a lap of the warrumbungles a few times, that could
> work, but it's not quite as flat as the bay.

Actually, I was confusing Wagga with Dubbo. I knew Coonabarabran was just
past one of them, but I forgot which :)

TimC said:
Don't worry Resound -- you're not the only person to think
Coonabarabran is near Canberra! :)

If I was to do a lap of the warrumbungles a few times, that could
work, but it's not quite as flat as the bay.

Coonabaraban.... Canberra.... they are both as exciting as each other :)

Hey.. you should start training for the Warrumbungles marathon... supposed to be a beauty of a marathon.

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:11:01 +1000, MikeyOz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>TimC Wrote:
>>
>> Dammit, why did my job have to start a week before ATB?

>Sorry TimmyC...! maybe you do an Around Lake Burly Griffin in a Day,
>just do it quite a few times :)

Just the once should be enough, its 561.54 km from Coona to Canberra,
plus the other side of the lake plus back again. Might take a little
longer than a day!

On 2006-10-07, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

> TimC Wrote:
>> Don't worry Resound -- you're not the only person to think
>> Coonabarabran is near Canberra! :)
>>
>> If I was to do a lap of the warrumbungles a few times, that could
>> work, but it's not quite as flat as the bay.

> Coonabaraban.... Canberra.... they are both as exciting as each other
>:)

Nah, Coona has much more night life.

> Hey.. you should start training for the Warrumbungles marathon...
> supposed to be a beauty of a marathon.

Will I have an unfair advantage being on two wheels though?

--
TimC
If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:44:42 +1000, "Resound"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On 2006-10-07, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

>>> Sorry TimmyC...! maybe you do an Around Lake Burly Griffin in a Day,
>>> just do it quite a few times :)

>> Don't worry Resound -- you're not the only person to think
>> Coonabarabran is near Canberra! :)
>>
>> If I was to do a lap of the warrumbungles a few times, that could
>> work, but it's not quite as flat as the bay.
>>

>Actually, I was confusing Wagga with Dubbo. I knew Coonabarabran was just
>past one of them, but I forgot which :)

Easy. Coonabarabran is the place where there's a petrol station on the
left as you're coming into town heading north where you have to wait
for 10 minutes for a coffee at 6:00 am. And when it arrives, it's the
worst coffee you've ever had in your life. El cheapo instant badly
handled. Yeuch.

--
Regards.
Richard.

TimC said:
Will I have an unfair advantage being on two wheels though?

ohhhh yeah Id LOVE to see you do that marathon on a bike.... I think you would be bloody bruised and last from what I have heard of that marathon :)

MikeyOz wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> might have a spare spot on the ATB if anyone is interested, will know
> for sure probably wednesday, probably about an 80% chance it will be
> available, so if you are interested let me know.
>
> just have to be comfortable riding in packs and be able to average at
> least 30km/h for the ride, spot will be paid for, and you will have to
> wear the team jersey, is a team of 5. Just doing it for the challenge.

<troll on>
How do you manage that when you have to stop for traffic lights or are
there few enough that a 30kph average would still be possible?
</troll on>

Ben