Axion Double Jump Pedals. Anyone use em?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by trials_uni, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    I just ordered a set of Axiom Double Jump pedals for my Trials/Street
    setup.

    They seem pretty sweet, removeable pins, magnesium body. The only thing
    i wish they had was cartridge bearings but that ok.

    Anyways, has anyone used these or does anyone use these? I just wanted
    a kind of review on them. Hows the strength. Do they grind well or
    should i get a Grind Plate aswell?

    Thanks

    -Phil

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    harper wrote:
    > Bruce-
    > Quick. Put me on e-Bay.

    w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

  2. mornish

    mornish Guest

    I would get a grind plate just in case because theyre only $10, but
    thats just me. I'll do a search on them realy fast.

    --
    mornish

    trials_uni wrote:
    > Where did you hear that Bedford unis are not strong? They are the best
    > thing since sliced bread!!

  3. mornish

    mornish Guest

    they look pretty good. the reflectors will probably fall off though.:)

    --
    mornish

    trials_uni wrote:
    > Where did you hear that Bedford unis are not strong? They are the best
    > thing since sliced bread!!

  4. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

  5. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

    Both of my reflectors on my grind side came off first day, the first one
    came off on my first pedal grab. And they slide better than many grind
    plates, because they are made of a very dense material that doesn't
    scratch easily by other less dense materials, such as steal and the
    like, so they will slide better than steal or many plastics will.

    O and they are advertised (at least at my bike shop) as being fully
    removable pins, this is not true. The two pins that are mounted ontop
    of the spindle are set into the metal and have no way of being
    unscrewed. I just sanded them down after like half an hour with a piece
    of sandpaper took a while but it was worth it.

    --
    ntappin

  6. smcmorrow

    smcmorrow Guest