Beware of quarrelsome cyclists

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
This happened in the metro when a cyclist hit the side of a car. The incident was captured by cctv as shown in the evening news. The car driver alighted to confront the biker who had the temerity to challenge the driver. To make the story short, there was a brawl and the biker being the bigger guy, emerged winner when the driver surrendered from the choking arms of the biker. Back to his car, the driver was about to move when the biker approached the car and insulted the driver, with a threat to crack his car's window. The driver lost his temper, got out of the car again and faced the biker. But this time, with a gun. The driver shot the biker many times. The biker was dead and the driver is now in jail.

I am also hearing an increase in the number of road rage which includes cyclist. That is very terrifying but it can be prevented. As long as drivers can control their temper and talk things through so that any problems will be resolved without anyone getting hurt.

People on the road refuse to back down and acknowledge mistakes which lead to these incidents. Road rage is very real and I generally just avoid confrontation and say sorry even when I'm not in the wrong.

This is really sad to read and it is simply a case where two persons fail to control their emotions at the heat of the moment. I've always told my friends when we ride our bicycles around the hood to he careful not to get into trouble and this is simply a case of such happening which is sad.

If I was the driver, after the first incident, I would have driven off no matter how much bad words the cyclist must have said or maybe I would phone the police to come to the location of the incident and make an arrest. Killing someone isn't the best way to settle disputes and now, the culprit is in jail while the offender is dead already.

It seems pretty dumb to make a car driver mad at you when he has in his possession and control a deadly weapon, in any case a car. Once first scrum was over and cyclist won, he should have let it go.

Well, that's the problem about the gun, the people who has bad temper should not allowed to use gun, or give them the license to carry a gun. Specially in our country, There're a lot of incidence that the driver killed other driver or motorist by using gun because of some simple misunderstanding.

It seems pretty dumb to make a car driver mad at you when he has in his possession and control a deadly weapon, in any case a car. Once first scrum was over and cyclist won, he should have let it go.

Based on the cctv footage, the car driver who lost the fight and surrendered, went back to his car badly beaten. But the cyclist rushed to the window on the other side and shouted bad words and curses as if adding insult to the injury of the car driver who had lost control and got his gun. If the cyclist just left when the driver went back to his car, the altercation was over. But it was clear in the video that the cyclist was looking for more trouble.

There are lot of inicidents like this that's been happening a lot of times in the road. It's the best option to control our temper and stay away from chaos. We never know what could have happen if we let our temper outgrow us. In fact, regrets are always at the end of the day.

In times like that the best way to go is to just report it to the authorities as fast as you can and avoid provocations and fights. Since everything is recorded in road CCTV cameras nowadays a quick review by the authorities would settle the traffic dispute.

This is true for a lot of reasons. I've seen people lose their temper on something so small and stupid. People's lives are priceless. And to know that you've taken someone's life out of rage is something you may never forget.

Not taking any sides, but the biker damaged the car and still didn't apologize and brawled with the driver on the street, and then gloated to the car driver's face when it should have been all over. Taking someone's life in this scenario can never be justified, but the cyclist was clearly in the wrong up until he got shot.