bikes with geometry similar to Look

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Justin, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Justin

    Justin Guest

    The geometry of Look bikes with their long top tubes and shallow seat angle are perfect for me. For
    example, their 50 cm bike has a 54 cm top tube with a 72.5 degree seat angle.

    I am just not crazy about alot of their bikes. Anybody know of companies with similar geometries
    without going custom? Thinking of mainly carbon fiber or titanium.

    Let me know

    Justin

    Tags:

  2. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    justin.won@attbi.com (Justin) wrote:

    >The geometry of Look bikes with their long top tubes and shallow seat angle are perfect for me. For
    >example, their 50 cm bike has a 54 cm top tube with a 72.5 degree seat angle.
    >
    >I am just not crazy about alot of their bikes. Anybody know of companies with similar geometries
    >without going custom? Thinking of mainly carbon fiber or titanium.
    >
    >Let me know

    Not really trying to sell you a bike, but have to say that the Look geometry isn't really all
    that unusual.

    For example, the Habanero 50cm frame has a 53.5cm top tube, and a 73.5 degree seat tube.

    In the end, that means you slide the saddle back just under 1cm compared to where it would be
    (relative to the seatpost clamp) on the Look, and that effectively stretches the top tube to just
    over 54cm.

    There would be no effective difference between the two, other than a fraction of a cm longer
    effective top tube on the Habby.

Share This Page