Bush or Kerry or ???

Actually pee brain, There's nothing veiled about the statement. These past 30+ years of commie liberal scum activism like yours has divided this country even worse than the civil war.
The real enemy is, and should be, the islamo fascist terrorists.
Everything else is dealt with at the ballot box.
And Wednesday, we'll have to remember it was islamo fascists who have been waging a holy war against the West. Because bin Laden doesn't care if he kills libs or conservatives. He wants to kill you and me both, pal. But the libs don't understand this. They think they're immune from being terrorist targets.

As for Nixon - he was a bit too liberal. It would have been better to see G. Gordon Liddy in the Oval Office. He'd still make a hell of a president.

And Wednesday, we'll remember who the real enemies are.

davidmc said:
No, seriously, describe how you or Anne Cult-her would go about forcing someone to believe in something, especially religion. :confused:Oh, i almost forgot, thanks for the vieled threat :rolleyes: Incidentally, who are "we shall remember..."Sounds exactly like something Nixon would have said, genius. Bush won't have a mandate because has so polarized/alienated the electorate. He only represent's @ 30% of the population. Bravo Georgie. Tell you what, if Kerry wins, i won't seek revenge, as you have just stated you will do.

iknowtest said:
Actually pee brain, There's nothing veiled about the statement. These past 30+ years of commie liberal scum activism like yours has divided this country even worse than the civil war.

American slagging off fellow American - that's really helping things.

iknowtest said:
r.
The real enemy is, and should be, the islamo fascist terrorists.
Everything else is dealt with at the ballot box.
And Wednesday, we'll have to remember it was islamo fascists who have been waging a holy war against the West. Because bin Laden doesn't care if he kills libs or conservatives. He wants to kill you and me both, pal. But the libs don't understand this. They think they're immune from being terrorist targets.

To a point you are right.
BinLaden has it in for the USA - correct.
But you need to ask yourself - why does he want to destroy America ?
And you need to also ask yourself - why, if there was widesprad opposition to
BinLaden, has he reamined at large ?

Seems to me that a large constituency back BinLaden and that is why he has remained free.

The old saying - you can't cure maleria by squashing the mosquitoes.
No good trying to murder all the terrorists.
Murdering the terrorists - doesn't stop the cause.
The cause remain's.

terrorism always wins - unfortunately.

limerickman said:

Seems to me that a large constituency back BinLaden and that is why he has remained free.

The cause remain's.

bin Laden was rebuked by the Crown Prince of Saudia Arabia during the first Gulf War. That "infidels" were used to oust Hussein from Kuwait only furthered this anger. Then Khobar Towers was his answer to billeting of US troops in his home land. Saudi Arabia then moved to expel him and he only grew among the students of victimology.

There is NOT widespread support for bin Laden. He has been on the run for two years on the Afghan-Pakistan border. The only reason he hasn't made a trip to the farsical state of Palestine is there is no common border. He cannot fly, take a train, a bus or a car. Its all donkey/camel or leather personel carriers.

DDT worked well against malaria.

If terrorism always wins, explain Libya.
:D

[The cause remain's.

terrorism always wins - unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Causes come and go. Terrorism is a tool that is used to achieve a reaction or goal.
Sometimes it achieves an opposite reaction that expected.
Terrorism perpetuates itself, yes but always wins, I can't agree.

Man has been on the earth for around a million years. The dinousaur existed for around 65 million terrorizing and dominating. Guess what?
They are extinct!

limerickman said:

The cause remain's.

Lim, It crossed my mind this morning and I wondered did Bush go to Holy Mass at the church of St.Chad, and did he offer up any prayers for the souls of the faithful Moslem departed killed by their saviour?

Weisse Luft said:
bin Laden was rebuked by the Crown Prince of Saudia Arabia during the first Gulf War. That "infidels" were used to oust Hussein from Kuwait only furthered this anger. Then Khobar Towers was his answer to billeting of US troops in his home land. Saudi Arabia then moved to expel him and he only grew among the students of victimology.

There is NOT widespread support for bin Laden. He has been on the run for two years on the Afghan-Pakistan border. The only reason he hasn't made a trip to the farsical state of Palestine is there is no common border. He cannot fly, take a train, a bus or a car. Its all donkey/camel or leather personel carriers.

DDT worked well against malaria.

If terrorism always wins, explain Libya.
:D

There is widespread support for BinLaden : otherwise he would have been captured or killed.
He's been on the run for three years - not two years, as you state.

Farcical is the word that you were trying to spell above.
Why is Palestine farcical ?
Care to elaborate ?

And if you know where he isn't - surely you then know where he is ?

jhuskey said:
[The cause remain's.

Causes come and go. Terrorism is a tool that is used to achieve a reaction or goal.

Man has been on the earth for around a million years. The dinousaur existed for around 65 million terrorizing and dominating. Guess what?
They are extinct![/QUOTE]

I agree, causes do come and go.

Invariably, the cause goes away when a political solution is found.
Terrorism does work - take the USA for example.
(I'll keep this subject relevant to the USA because most posters here are from the USA and will be familiar with the examples given).

1983 bombing in Lebannon of the Marine base, in Beirut, when 250 soldiers were killed.
This made the USA get out of Lebannon.
Has the Lebannon, become an Islamic State ?
No, it is one of the most western "Islamic" countries there is.

Somalia : when the US Army was attacked Somalia - what was the name of that Operation - Freedom or some such name ?
Rebels attacked the USA army and there ended the USA's interest in Somalia.
Again, terrorism.

Hostages in the 1980's : another form of terrorism : again this forced the US
to act in a way it would not normally do so : thus Iran/Contra affair.
Sell arms to pay the ransom for kidnappings of US citizens.

Terrorism does work - unfortunately.
Despite the goverment rhethoric that "we never negotiate with terrorists".
The rhethoric ought to read "we never negotiate with terrorists - PUBLICLY"

limerickman said:

They are extinct!

I agree, causes do come and go.

Invariably, the cause goes away when a political solution is found.
Terrorism does work - take the USA for example.
(I'll keep this subject relevant to the USA because most posters here are from the USA and will be familiar with the examples given).

1983 bombing in Lebannon of the Marine base, in Beirut, when 250 soldiers were killed.
This made the USA get out of Lebannon.
Has the Lebannon, become an Islamic State ?
No, it is one of the most western "Islamic" countries there is.

Somalia : when the US Army was attacked Somalia - what was the name of that Operation - Freedom or some such name ?
Rebels attacked the USA army and there ended the USA's interest in Somalia.
Again, terrorism.

Hostages in the 1980's : another form of terrorism : again this forced the US
to act in a way it would not normally do so : thus Iran/Contra affair.
Sell arms to pay the ransom for kidnappings of US citizens.

Terrorism does work - unfortunately.
Despite the goverment rhethoric that "we never negotiate with terrorists".
The rhethoric ought to read "we never negotiate with terrorists - PUBLICLY"[/QUOTE]

I was responding to the statement "always works". So is it better to fight terrorism head on or bribe terrorists to leave you alone. Its seems to me that the US or anyone will be condemed for doing either or doing nothing.
Sounds like a lose/lose situation.

jhuskey said:
I was responding to the statement "always works". So is it better to fight terrorism head on or bribe terrorists to leave you alone. Its seems to me that the US or anyone will be condemed for doing either or doing nothing.
Sounds like a lose/lose situation.

I don't endorse terrorism - I think people should be able to work out their differences without having to resort to it.

I think the root causes of terrorism, if there addressed in a fair and just way,
remove the support for terrorist acts.
Terrorism doesn't operate in a vacuum : terrorists need ideological and logistical support to exist and to carry out their operations.

If that ideological and logistical support isn't there - then terrorism fails.

In this country, we lived with terrorism for 35 years.
In 1998, following protracted and lengthy negotiations, both sets of terrorists
set down their arms, because the people on both sides of the island of Ireland
voted for the Good Friday agreement.

When the terrorists saw this - they realised that they did not have the ideological and logistical support of the vast majority of people on all sides
of the political divide.
The deal that was negotiated with the terrorists appeared to be just to both sides and when the people agreed with the fairness of the deal, the terrorists
realised that their time and their fight was finished.

That's what I mean about root causes : address the root causes, create a fair deal and people will buy in to it and will turn against the terrorists.

limerickman said:
I don't endorse terrorism - I think people should be able to work out their differences without having to resort to it.

I think the root causes of terrorism, if there addressed in a fair and just way,
remove the support for terrorist acts.
Terrorism doesn't operate in a vacuum : terrorists need ideological and logistical support to exist and to carry out their operations.

If that ideological and logistical support isn't there - then terrorism fails.

In this country, we lived with terrorism for 35 years.
In 1998, following protracted and lengthy negotiations, both sets of terrorists
set down their arms, because the people on both sides of the island of Ireland
voted for the Good Friday agreement.

When the terrorists saw this - they realised that they did not have the ideological and logistical support of the vast majority of people on all sides
of the political divide.
The deal that was negotiated with the terrorists appeared to be just to both sides and when the people agreed with the fairness of the deal, the terrorists
realised that their time and their fight was finished.

That's what I mean about root causes : address the root causes, create a fair deal and people will buy in to it and will turn against the terrorists.

Of course it is much easier if the two factions come from the same place speak the same language and share a heritage.
The west and the east are mile apart at this point in time and I am afraid will remain so for many years.

Guam, being on the "other" side of the international date line, has closed its polls and the tally is Bush got 63.9% of the popular vote.

Sure, having no voting representative to Congress means no Electoral vote but it all goes to the popular, a point of contention last time.

jhuskey said:
Of course it is much easier if the two factions come from the same place speak the same language and share a heritage.
The west and the east are mile apart at this point in time and I am afraid will remain so for many years.

Good point.
In fact, a very very valid point, jhuskey.

That's why this whole situation is a lot more subtle - than simplistic arguments provided by both sides.

It's easy to dwell in a polarised position - "truths" are absolute and anything that doesn't coincide with those "truths", is blasphemous.
Labels are apportioned - good and evil, "we're right/they're wrong" etc.

That's why I think that there has to be engagement at some level.

The starting point - and some may well laugh at this but it seems logical in my view - is to emphasise the commonality between Christian/Islam/Judaism.

These religions do have common ground - significant common ground as it happens.

I think that this would be the starting point.
In fact, I have done some work on this already with a group here in Ireland,
which is attended by Jew/Catholic/Protestant/Muslim.

We have prepared a paper for each of the main churches - as the basis for interdenominational discussion.
This project has been endorsed by the chiefs of each sect : Chief Rabbi/Catholic Cardinal/Protestant Bishops/Cheif Imman.
Historical figures from religion are common to each of these three monotheistic faiths (Prophet Abraham being the most prominent).
Already this proposal - to find commonality - is gathering pace at international level, throughout each sect.

If this approach can be adopted - it just might help people to engage more meaningfully.

limerickman said:
Bush's foreign policy failures :

1.Capturing BinLaden : failed
2.Capturing Mullah Omar : failed
3.Creating Democracy in Afghanistan : failed
4.Creating Deocracy in Iraq : failed.
5. Acting on reliable intelligence reports prior to 11th September
2001 : failed.

Other notable Bush policy errors :
Anatagonised the majority of EU nations - ignored or vetoed the UN - ignored or vetoed the Kyoto Treaty

Bush's economic policy :
1 :The value of the US Dollar has fallen by 35% since 2000.
2 : Nasdaq and Dow Jones indexes have collapsed against their
2000 values (DOW JONES was trading at above 10k and the
Nasdaq was above 4k).
3 : US budget 2000 showed the USA in surplus to 200 billion
US budget deficit at April 2004 is 500 billion dollars and
growing.
4 : US employment actually contracted in the years 2001 - 2003.
All correct, but have you seen the family history of 'Kerry my ****' his grandparents being 4 by 2's fled from Europe. Being yellow bellies in the land of the free (Davy, Davy Crockett) They decided to take up a safe 'Oirish' identity, and change their religion to Roman Catholicism to avoid a non existent threat. A yiddish speaking 'Oirishman' Oi vay! The problem here is, if he is elected....the shrews will be on him in minutes, and we're all going nowhere. 'Listen my boy, ve are here to protect our vorldvide broders und shwesters. Wilkommen Ariel to the Weiss Haus, ve know you control us.

FredC said:
All correct, but have you seen the family history of 'Kerry my ****' his grandparents being 4 by 2's fled from Europe. Being yellow bellies in the land of the free (Davy, Davy Crockett) They decided to take up a safe 'Oirish' identity, and change their religion to Roman Catholicism to avoid a non existent threat. A yiddish speaking 'Oirishman' Oi vay! The problem here is, if he is elected....the shrews will be on him in minutes, and we're all going nowhere. 'Listen my boy, ve are here to protect our vorldvide broders und shwesters. Wilkommen Ariel to the Weiss Haus, ve know you control us.
Fred,

Your Jewish remarks are uncalled for and unwarranted. If you do not stop with the remarks I will complain to the system administrator and do everything I can to get you banned from the website.

Bikerman2004 said:
Fred,

Your Jewish remarks are uncalled for and unwarranted. If you do not stop with the remarks I will complain to the system administrator and do everything I can to get you banned from the website.
The two drunks, limmerpuke and freddypuke take pride in their status as the premier JEW HATERS on this board. Would you like their IP info?

szbert said:
The two drunks, limmerpuke and freddypuke take pride in their status as the premier JEW HATERS on this board. Would you like their IP info?
NO. Your post are just as bad. Calling Irishmen drunks is just as wrong as Jewish remarks.

Calling the two drunks from County Pantywaist drunks is descriptive, not wrong. Not all irish are drunks. I'm sure a few are in a 12 step program.

Bikerman2004 said:
NO. Your post are just as bad. Calling Irishmen drunks is just as wrong as Jewish remarks.

szbert said:

Ahem,

What value an IP address, Einstein ?

Everytime one sends a message - ones IP address changes.
Everytime.
So your veiled threat is meaningless and essentially useless.

The moderator has all of our mail addresses : it is he/she who can block
any further posts from a particular PC.

Bikerman2004 said:

Biker - I think if you cite Fred C, you have to cite Szbert also.

Bert has persistently posted derogatory remarks about everyone on this thread.

Bikerman2004 said:
Fred,

Dear Bikerman,
I think that you will find that the genetic history of Kerry is in fact totally correct concerning life in America and is indisputable. The other bit I wrote as a possible future theoretical humourous scenario situation should Kerry win. I don't cry foul when I'm twinned with Limerickman, and I'm not even 'Oirish'. Nor does szbert bother about a bit of banter, it's a bit of fun. Get me banned if you like, I'll just use another e-mail and ID. You sound like a pair of girls twisted knickers. I'll tell something, I bet you laugh at my stuff on the TV.