Can you identify make of this rim?

"JohnC" queried:
> Can someone identify the make of this 27" alloy clincher rim.  There is
> not much to go on..   It was on a Lambert (early 70's).  Any ideas?
>
> http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/

Looks like a Weinmann. Back in the day there were two popular
Weinmann models: the #210 and the #256. I can never remember which
number went with which rim.

One model had plain drilled spoke holes. The better model had the
domed spoke holes as with the one in your photos.

The good news is that these domed spoke holes were 4-way drilled, so
the nipple would be in line with the spoke, whether it was a leading
or trailing spoke, left flange or right flange.

The bad news is that it appears your wheel was built up incorrectly so
that half of the spokes are going the wrong way (rotationally) for the
rim drilling. :-(

Sheldon "Hot Stuff In 1973" Brown

"JohnC" queried:
> Can someone identify the make of this 27" alloy clincher rim. There is
> not much to go on.. It was on a Lambert (early 70's). Any ideas?
>
> http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/

Looks like a Weinmann. Back in the day there were two popular
Weinmann models: the #210 and the #256. I can never remember which
number went with which rim.

One model had plain drilled spoke holes. The better model had the
domed spoke holes as with the one in your photos.

The good news is that these domed spoke holes were 4-way drilled, so
the nipple would be in line with the spoke, whether it was a leading
or trailing spoke, left flange or right flange.

The bad news is that it appears your wheel was built up incorrectly so
that half of the spokes are going the wrong way (rotationally) for the
rim drilling. :-(

Sheldon "Hot Stuff In 1973" Brown

Thank you everybody for the information and especially to Sheldon's keen eye
on half the spokes going the wrong way. Amazing to be able to see that from
those bad photos. I came across a picture of a Milremo sticker and it looks
very similar to the remnants of mine. I posted the Milremo rim/pic at:
http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/ .

John