Diamondback makes road bikes...?

Apparently one can never be too rich or too skinny. I like to extend that sentiment to inanimate objects... with regards to red.

My friends have had some bad experiences with their Diamondbacks in terms of longevity. Those were bikes from the early 2000's, So the company might make better products now. That is one sexy bike, though. I would buy it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

I've also wondered about their higher end products. I see the components are there and that frame is supposedly sub 900g...I just don't know if I could bring myself to spending $7k+ on a brand that in my mind screams Walmart everytime I see it.

"I see the components are there..."

Yes, Super Record is certainly not inexpensive stuff. And D-back does offer several Campy builds so props to them for not building solely to price points with the much less expensive manufacturer build packages supplied by SRAM and shimaNO.

Performance has been selling the Diamondback line next to their house brand Scattante bikes. On the showroom floor the diamondbacks look pretty good. The look to be the equals to the Fuji Altamira's they also are shown with at Performance.

A D-back Podium 6 w/Campy Chorus will set you back $5K: http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1128637_-1_400306__400306

Podium 6 w/shimaNO Ultegra is $3K:
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1128651_-1_400306__400306

Competitively priced, but certainly no screaming deals.

Originally Posted by RunBikeDog .

I've also wondered about their higher end products. I see the components are there and that frame is supposedly sub 900g...I just don't know if I could bring myself to spending $7k+ on a brand that in my mind screams Walmart everytime I see it.
The frame appears to retail for about $1900, but looks like it could be had online for closer to $1500 which is pretty sensible. Of course any bike OEM'd with SR is gonna be big $$.

The one thing I like is it's got that inbetween headtube length (150mm for a 54... similar to Cinelli's geo). It's on the tall side for a race bike, but not so tall as 'endurance' bikes like the Madone and Roubaix. Makes it easy to run a low stem for aesthetics (entirely subjective) and still be relatively comfy.