dual presta/schraeder inflator head failures.

Max

Guest
WHAT in THE W^%$%&$*&QRQGBFE$U^% causes the dual inflator heads on so many of today's bike
pumps to fail?

For the second time i had a head -- with less than three dozen uses -- get stuck on frickin
schraeder. Great if that's what you have... but i don't have anything schraeder.

Naturally this happens after i fix a slow leak before going to work, or in today's case, as i switch
from ice to normal tires.

Other than never allowing another schraeder anything in my house ever again, doesn anyone have
a solution?

Like how to quickly fix these dam valves?

i am soooo annoyed and p.o'd right now.

.max at least i got the studded tires off.

--
the part of <[email protected]> was played by maxwell monningh 8-p

Max <[email protected]> wrote:

> For the second time i had a head -- with less than three dozen uses -- get stuck on frickin
> schraeder. Great if that's what you have... but i don't have anything schraeder.

> Naturally this happens after i fix a slow leak before going to work, or in today's case, as i
> switch from ice to normal tires.

> Other than never allowing another schraeder anything in my house ever again, doesn anyone have a
> solution?

> Like how to quickly fix these dam valves?

I like the convertible silca pump head. Mainly a presta, but you can screw that off and use the
schrader head underneath that. I wouldn't buy it if I had a lot of schrader usage, but it's good
enough for the occasional use. Someone posted a link to where you can get the heads online rb.tech
recently, if you can't persuade your LBS to order one.

> i am soooo annoyed and p.o'd right now.

I was late(r) than I planned to be to work when I realized the reason my shifting deteriorated so
badly on the way home was that my cassette lockring popped off when I was pushing hard downhill on
the way home. Surprisingly it still shifted vaguely okay, I just could hear vast problems when I
shifted to my 11 (the chain was rubbing badly against the inside of the dropout). I guess I didn't
tighten my cassette enough last time I put it on. Bleah.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:09:28 GMT, Dane Jackson <[email protected]>
wrote:
>I like the convertible silca pump head. Mainly a presta, but you can screw that off and use the
>schrader head underneath that. I wouldn't buy it if I had a lot of schrader usage, but it's good
>enough for the occasional use.

If you need to do it both ways often, get some quick disconnect couplers and have separate, good
quality heads. The couplers, and schraeder heads, can be found at Home Depot in the pneumatic tool
department. Some work may be required to step-up the hose diameter.
--
Rick Onanian

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:00:14 -0500, Rick Onanian <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:09:28 GMT, Dane Jackson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>I like the convertible silca pump head. Mainly a presta, but you can screw that off and use the
>>schrader head underneath that. I wouldn't buy it if I had a lot of schrader usage, but it's good
>>enough for the occasional use.
>
>If you need to do it both ways often, get some quick disconnect couplers and have separate, good
>quality heads. The couplers, and schraeder heads, can be found at Home Depot in the pneumatic tool
>department. Some work may be required to step-up the hose diameter.

Um, so how about the Presta head?

-Luigi