Ebay, now these look dodgy!

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:01:03 -0000, in
<[email protected]>, MSA
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?
>
>http://tinyurl.com/3yuyv

Dunno - but remember that bloke lying on the cycle path sign in the road ... it has become quite
famous: It is now in use on a "British Rail"[1] leaflet!

Love and hugs from Rich x

[1] Yes, I know.

--
DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a legal

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:01:03 -0000, MSA <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?

Somewhere Out There is a bike shop with a broken window...

--
Guy
===

Reply to MSA

> Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?

Not bad for a guy with just 4 feedbacks, all as a buyer.

And just look what he's been buying - can't cycle in those! :-O

http://tinyurl.com/2wsbp http://tinyurl.com/2vy5r

--
Mark, UK. Nobody can be lucky all the time; so when your luck deserts you in some fashion don't
think you've been abandoned in your prime but rather that you're saving up your ration.

Reply to Just zis Guy, you know?
> Somewhere Out There is a bike shop with a broken window...

And a German-equivalent-of-Dixons...

--
Mark, UK. Nobody can be lucky all the time; so when your luck deserts you in some fashion don't
think you've been abandoned in your prime but rather that you're saving up your ration.

In article <[email protected]>, "Thomas Buck" <La de la de la> says...

> "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Mmm, bargains :)
> >
> > BEWARE!
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2ufc7 http://tinyurl.com/2jh9j http://tinyurl.com/36j8u
> > http://tinyurl.com/2w9z5 http://tinyurl.com/26pyx
>
> And your links go through several affiliate websites on the way to eBay... wossup there then?
>
> Tom.

Yeah, that's even more interesting! One of them is Unicyclist.com, and something about adfarm?

Too late for me to work that one out, come on, who knows what's going on with TinyURL?

--
Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may
have occurred during transmission

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Reply to MSA
> >
> > Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?
> >

> Not bad for a guy with just 4 feedbacks, all as a buyer.
>
> And just look what he's been buying - can't cycle in those! :-O
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2wsbp http://tinyurl.com/2vy5r

ROFL, I hadn't thought to look at that!

--

MSA wrote:
> Mmm, bargains :)
>
> BEWARE!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2ufc7 http://tinyurl.com/2jh9j http://tinyurl.com/36j8u
> http://tinyurl.com/2w9z5 http://tinyurl.com/26pyx

Odds on its the standard Ebay bike scam. The guy will be in Italy and suggest you send him a Western
Union money transfer (so beloved of the Nigerian scam merchants) with a password you give him after
you get the bike. Except he doesn't need the password to get the money and you never get the bike.
Steer well clear

If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
telling them about scams running on their service

Tony

he seems to lack a certain subtlety shall we say?

Look at the items he has bought as well. He can't have spent any more than 50 euros!!!

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Mmm, bargains :)

A mate of mine saw a tantalising ad either in the comic or 220 (? the tri mag). The seller was in
Corsica & would only take cash.

When my mate suggested he came & fetched it things went very quiet........

--
Andrew

"Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do
with the ball, just stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options
afterwards."

Tony Raven wrote:

> If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
> telling them about scams running on their service

Help/Contact Us. One of the options then is to report a possible fraud. I already did this
one, though.

--
Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "You have nothing to fear, but fear itself....and
monsters."

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
>> If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
>> telling them about scams running on their service
>
> Help/Contact Us. One of the options then is to report a possible fraud. I already did this
> one, though.

Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payment problems. Just sent one off
to postmaster

Tony

Tony Raven wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>> Tony Raven wrote:
>>
>>> If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
>>> telling them about scams running on their service
>>
>> Help/Contact Us. One of the options then is to report a possible fraud. I already did this one,
>> though.
>
> Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payment problems. Just sent one
> off to postmaster

I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation"/"Possible
Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".

--
Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "Just as I expected, the shopkeeper appeared"

MSA <[email protected]> wrote in news:MPG.1aadc56e29a4c3059896a6
@News.Individual.NET:

> Yeah, that's even more interesting! One of them is Unicyclist.com, and something about adfarm?
>
> Too late for me to work that one out, come on, who knows what's going on with TinyURL?

Tinyurl.com is maintained by the same guy who runs unicyclist.com, Gilby (see
http://www.gilby.com/whois.html) and is, as I understand it, run on the same server. Apparently it
was originally started up due to the problems with wrapped URLs when people posted to
rec.sport.unicycling.

I can't find another URL that will make it go through the list of other servers that the above links
do. Maybe it is down to where the OP got the URLs from?

Graeme

Keith Willoughby wrote:

>> Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payment problems. Just sent one
>> off to postmaster
>
> I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation"/"Possible
> Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".

That's what I did followed by an autoresponder on "sending payment" including tips such as contact
the seller, use PayPal etc. Hardly the response one would expect to a fraud report.

Tony

In article <[email protected]>, junk@raven- family.com says...
> Keith Willoughby wrote:
> >>
> >> Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payme=
nt
> >> problems. Just sent one off to postmaster
> >
> > I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation"/"Possible
> > Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".

Check out the full list of stuff he is selling, how come they all show 2=20 bids with
=A38,888.88? strange.

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=3Dderengelauferden&include=3D0&since=3D-
1&sort=
=3D3
&rows=3D50

Dene

In article <[email protected]>,=20 [email protected] says...

> > > I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy
> > > violation"/"Possible Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".
>=20
> Check out the full list of stuff he is selling, how come they all show 2=
=20
> bids with =A38,888.88? strange.
>=20
> http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=3Dderengelauferden&include=3D0&since=3D-
> 1&so=
rt=3D3
> &rows=3D50

To answer my question, I bet someone has bid those up with no intention=20 of paying. very good!
imagine this guys commission bill from Ebay ;-)

Dene