First (desperate) post - wireless bike computer!

havuoksa

Jul 11, 2016
Hi people,

have fallen deeply in love with cycling past two months, and big thanks of that goes to my bike computer that motivates! But, as the second(!)wireless bike computer in those two months now this one stopped working too (1st one didn't work at all). The model is Asaklitt 401-KS20TUL, bought from Clas Ohlson here in Helsinki. Problem is I can't find ANY customer service of that Asaklitt!

The problem is this. Few days ago it started to drop and show 0km/h, I made sure that that the sensor was 2mm from the magnet. But no. Then some weird "circling symbol" appeared on the screen which i figured was that it was trying to connect with sensor but was unable. Even though 2months old, today i bought new batteries for 12 euros. Nothing changed! Except that circling cymbol had disappeared.

Bike computer is next to my phone that i use as a navigator, so this must be the problem that it had got some interference from my phone. *DO YOU USE BIKE COMPUTERS 5CM FROM YOUR PHONE, ANYONE??
So manual says for that (Most important so far): 1.PRESS THE CHANNEL SELECTOR BUTTON ON THE SENSOR/TRANSMITTER 2. KEEP PEDALING TO ACTIVATE THE SENSOR 3.THE NEW ID-CODE(*WHAT IS THAT??) WILL BE REGISTERED IN ABOUT 1MIN.

BUT, WHERE IS THE CHANNEL SELECTOR BUTTON ON THE SENSOR/TRANSMITTER!?? Opened the battery slot, at least i didn't see any button there. Nor anywhere on the sensor! What can i do now? COULD the mysterious "channel selector button" be somewhere or is there anything i could do!?

Please answers guys and girls, Finnish summer is way to short! ;) Any help appreciated.

Ps. Do i really need to buy 3rd one in 3 months as a student!? If, i would go for a wired one, if they are ok...?

If you buy stuff from Clas Ohlson, you bring your troubles to Clas Ohlson too. No point in trying to contact their suppliers.
CO are usually quite helpful WRT returns.

Let me suggest that you get a wired speedo that is as cheap as possible. You should only be interested in the speed, average speed, distance and odometer. All the other functions are pretty useless. But the battery in the wired speedos lasts forever.

If you want course and to be able to test yourself etc. you use your smartphone with the Map My Ride app.