French offer Armstrong a re-test of his 1999 Tour sample

doctorSpoc said:
i don't agree with that... i think the consensus is that it is DAMN obvious that Armstrong doped in 1999... c'mon 6 samples with EPO in them... but it's just as obvious that he got away with it... so give it up already..

Lance can surely cheat and get away with it in 2009 as well... if Lance gets someone to cook up a designer version of CERA or use a perfluoro carbon on race day or the multitude of other methods at his disposal that are undetectable he won't set off the alarm bells of the longitudinal testing... he can surely get away with it again... Armstrong is not stupid enough to use something over the counter... i have no doubt that armstrong and ferrari have cooked up something already and Armstrong would have had to be put on it before he got into the testing pool so as to set the high baseline and not set off the alarm bells... just because a few cheats were foolish/sloppy and got caught doesn't mean anything... testing advances yes, but so does cheating...

This is conspiracy theory 101. Maybe tehir team will use a airborne toxin to hinder the performance of other riders and LA will win because he has the antidote......this nonsense about a new PID that only LA has access to and that the anti-doping agencies around the world are oblivious to is pure fiction. If anything it gives more credibility to the LA lovers out there as their denial is more plausable that these outlandish suggestions.

Fact is LA has publically stated he will make ALL his testing available for public scruitiny and that any of the worlds leading anti-doping agencies are welcome to test him. Why would he risk being caught and ruin his record if he was doping?

What does he have to gain from winning another TDF? If his comeback ride is going to be in Adelaide then it will attract the highest number of spectators in the event's history. How can this be bad for the sport? As I write this the answer dawns on me.....the LA haters out there don't want to b proven wrong. Imgine the angst of knowing Lance is clean! Imagine if he wins another TDF after being tested more than any other rider... but of course he must be on 'something' undetectable........lol.

QikSmurf said:
This is conspiracy theory 101. Maybe tehir team will use a airborne toxin to hinder the performance of other riders and LA will win because he has the antidote......this nonsense about a new PID that only LA has access to and that the anti-doping agencies around the world are oblivious to is pure fiction. If anything it gives more credibility to the LA lovers out there as their denial is more plausable that these outlandish suggestions.

Fact is LA has publically stated he will make ALL his testing available for public scruitiny and that any of the worlds leading anti-doping agencies are welcome to test him. Why would he risk being caught and ruin his record if he was doping?

What does he have to gain from winning another TDF? If his comeback ride is going to be in Adelaide then it will attract the highest number of spectators in the event's history. How can this be bad for the sport? As I write this the answer dawns on me.....the LA haters out there don't want to b proven wrong. Imgine the angst of knowing Lance is clean! Imagine if he wins another TDF after being tested more than any other rider... but of course he must be on 'something' undetectable........lol.
It will be easy to see if Lance doped or not. Lance's physiology is not one of the best so he will be am best in the top 30! His VO2 max will give him around 400w for 30-40mn. On mountain stage he will be able to climb the next pass with 360-380watt, very far of his pharmstrongest performance of his doped era.

QikSmurf said:
Fact is LA has publically stated he will make ALL his testing available for public scruitiny and that any of the worlds leading anti-doping agencies are welcome to test him.

This is the crux of the matter.

Will his samples be tested by WADA-accredited labs?

WADA have suggested that only samples tested in accredited labs can be deemed to have been thoroughly tested/validated.

Hiring your own ex-tester, to test your samples, and to proclaim those samples clean - isn't dope testing.

QikSmurf said:
Why would he risk being caught and ruin his record if he was doping?

Why indeed?

Maybe some lab somewhere thinks that it has developed a foolproof doping system which can evade current testing methods and he has availed of this?

But he made that same mistake the last time - when he thought that his use of rEPO in 1999, would remain undetected.
It didn't.

Pride comes before a fall.

QikSmurf said:

But what does that have to do with Lance being "clean"? Even if he is clean now, which is possible but far from probable, he certainly wasn't back then - and given the mountain of evidence pointing to his doping during that period, only an idiot or the most ardent fanboy would still believe that he was ever clean. So it stands to reason to assume that if he wasn't clean during the period when he had his greatest success that there's a good chance he won't be now, either.

QikSmurf said:
Because there is a lot of stuff that cannot be detected. He can use HGH and insulin to his heart's content. There is not yet a viable test for autologous blood transfusions, and we know from Vaughters that is what Postal was using. There are all sorts of EPO variants made in China that are not detected; Damsgaard has mentioned that there are riders using EPO but because they are not one of the forms of EPO that is tested for, the riders' samples are not deemed positive even though it is obvious they are unnatural.

If Armstrong wants to prove he is clean then let him release all his blood and hormone data from 1999 -2005. Caitlin said that looking at Floyd's values throughout the Tour it was obvious that FLandis was using testosterone. Let's see what Armstrong's values were during his Tours. There is enough urine to test the 1999 samples for EPO; let Armstrong give his permission to retest those samples.

Armstrong says he wants transparency. Let him start with his previous Tours. All he has to do is give his permission to release the data.

Bro Deal said:
There is not yet a viable test for autologous blood transfusions, and we know from Vaughters that is what Postal was using.

It's on it's way now.

French to test Tour de France samples for blood transfusions

There may be more positives from the Tour de France, as French anti-doping boss Pierre Bordry has said that his agency will go after riders who used autologous blood transfusions. "We already have serious evidence about cases of such autologous transfusions," Bordry said in an interview with the German television sender ZDF. "As to who might be involved, we will be able to say that later."

The AFLD, the French anti-doping agency, has a new method of detecting such transfusions, a method which was not available earlier. The agency will use the method to test the doping samples of suspect riders.

QikSmurf said:

ignorance.. ignorance... ignorance... have you even heard about the company called balco?

seems they created a designer steroid that was completely undetectable.. they even nicknamed it the clea... undetectable until a disgruntled member of the track club that was using it left the club and provided it to his new coach who in turn sent the sample to the USADA...

have you ever hear of a woman named Marion Jones? you know, sydney she won 5 gold medals in track and field.. you the one that's in jail right now for lying to a congressional committee about using the clear..

here take a read below and then maybe you won't come on this site spouting a bunch of idiotic, uninformed, naive statements as you have above... your an idiot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BALCO

just for your information heres a list of people who also have not failed a drug test..

David Millar - 2003 TT world champ lost his championship after police found an EPO vial in a raid of his house
Marco Pantani - Insulin vial found in his hotel room
Jan Ullrich - has fail for recreational, drugs but never for performance enhancing drugs
Ivan Basso - will be ending a two year ban from involvement in Puerto and admitted to his involvement
Michele Scarponi - admitted some of the Puerto blood bags were his
Jörg Jaksche - admitted some of the Puerto blood bags were his
Johan Museeuw - police wire tap... plus he admitted using dope int 2007

all the above rider have never tested positive in dope tests... so what does not testing positive really tell us.. nothing! please, please don't come back here spouting your BS until you are more informed... seems LA is in great company in never testing positive in a dope test... actually he has tested positive once for corticosteriod but produced a doctor's prescription after the fact saying that he was using it for saddle sore.. a use that no doctor in his right mind would use it for given that it thins the skin and would only make the problem worse in the long run... in any case you really need to educate yourself so you don't look so foolish next time.

QikSmurf said:

Your logic makes too much sense. Please do not post here anymore. This forum is about conspiracy theories, hype and innuendo. Facts and reason don't fly here.

No_Positives said:
Your logic makes too much sense. Please do not post here anymore. This forum is about conspiracy theories, hype and innuendo. Facts and reason don't fly here.

yes this is true because... Balco never existed and never produced an undetectable designer steroid... so we know that doing such a thing is impossible, and the thing of fantasy and conspiracy theories.. therefore we know that producing slight alterations to existing drugs is impossible and will not result in them being undetectable..

maybe if you guys weren't sucking Lance Armstrong's **** all day, maybe you'd be able to get out a little more and educate yourself, so you wouldn't look so stupid when you make a post...

doctorSpoc has being showing remarkable form these last couple of days. Swab him.

doctorSpoc said:
just for your information heres a list of people who also have not failed a drug test..

David Millar - 2003 TT world champ lost his championship after police found an EPO vial in a raid of his house
Jan Ullrich - has fail for recreational, drugs but never for performance enhancing drugs
Ivan Basso - will be ending a two year ban from involvement in Puerto and admitted to his involvement
You should also include a list of people who have failed a drug test.

Leafer said:
given the mountain of evidence pointing to his doping during that period
I know there is a mountain of around 200 negative tests. That's a lot of soap powder.

No_Positives said:
You should also include a list of people who have failed a drug test.

are you a complete and utter moron? did Lance hit you in the head with his **** too hard? i'm demonstrating to you that passing hundreds of drug tests doesn't mean you're not doping... i show you a small list of only a small portion of the riders who were caught by other means, admitted fully that they were doping in some cases and in all cased have never failed a drug test... Lance has never failed a drug test, just like all the other doper on that list... that's not proof he hasn't used PEDs, just like it isn't for the people on that list.

...get a clue!!

doctorSpoc said:

A syringe was found in a room assigned to Marco Pantani's team, well after the team had vacated. No DNA test to show it had been used by Pantani or even a teammate. No testimony to show that Pantani had ever been in that room. The case was thrown out of court. Naturally it should never have made it to court, exactly as the prevous case against him for sporting fraud. They did what they were intended to do, keep a rider from riding, disparage him publicly, and drive him to despair. You have plenty of cases to support yuor argument without bringing in Marco Pantani.

jrtalon said:
The thing I don't understand is why does Eddie Merckx who failed 3 doping tests in his career seemingly get a pass yet Armstrong who has never failed a test(technically) gets condemned. If Armstrong got caught legitimately would people still look at Armstrong with the same admiration the majority of cycling fans look a Merchx? Well the anwser to that is obvious since it seems a lot of people (in this forum) don't have any admiration for Lance as it is. But whats the difference...why is Eddie a god and Lance pond scum?

First of all people don't like Armstrong personally because... frankly... he's a loud mouthed, arrogant, *****.. he's unlikeable. honestly i didn't have anything against him and was actually rooting for him infact... then i watched those Lance Chronicles i think it was called on TV... then i though... this guy is the biggest A-Hole on the planet right now...

Merckx gets somewhat of a pass because a) he's likeable and b) since like everyone else he isn't on the horn, day in and day out screaming at the top of his lungs... i'm innocent... i'm innocent... catch me if you can!! i dare you to catch me! maybe being an american Lance didn't know the game... you just keep your mouth shut and don't bring attention to yourself... they haven't caught you.. it will go away... they don't have anything on you that will stick. you need to be repentant or as a bare minimum say nothing. people hate it when a guy everyone knows is guiltier than sin starts spouting off about his innocence... like Tyler Hamiltion, like Richard Virenque.. even the French hated Virenque until he actually came clean and admitted his use of PEDs after screaming his innocence.. bottom line is that Lance is too much of an arrogant blabber mouth for his own good.. and on top of that as a person, he's a jerk...

ilpirata said:
A syringe was found in a room assigned to Marco Pantani's team, well after the team had vacated. No DNA test to show it had been used by Pantani or even a teammate. No testimony to show that Pantani had ever been in that room. The case was thrown out of court. Naturally it should never have made it to court, exactly as the prevous case against him for sporting fraud. They did what they were intended to do, keep a rider from riding, disparage him publicly, and drive him to despair. You have plenty of cases to support yuor argument without bringing in Marco Pantani.

ihmo, Pantani is a good example... because Lance Armstrong fans are some of the most ardent anti-Pantini people on the planet... even though there is WAY more hard evidence against Armstrong than there is against Pantani... and like you say there is really no hard evidence at all against Pantani... it demonstrates how ridiculous and hypcritical LA fans are... they give Armstrong a pass even give 6 sample that contain EPO from his 1999 tour and yet condemn Pantani based on some weak circumstantial evidence... it's ridiculous.

DoctorSpoc

Someone who loves/likes Lance could only be blonde. How would he/she understand that Lance doped even with your most elaborate explanations.

jhuskey said:
I am not going to pass judgement either way except to comment that if you chocolate coat a turd you still have turd.
But if you lick it gently it will be delicious..................for a while.

doctorSpoc said:
First of all people don't like Armstrong personally because... frankly... he's a loud mouthed, arrogant, *****.. he's unlikeable. honestly i didn't have anything against him and was actually rooting for him infact... then i watched those Lance Chronicles i think it was called on TV... then i though... this guy is the biggest A-Hole on the planet right now...
I'll have to look up and watch those Lance Chronicles, although I find most extremely competitive people tend to be jerks sometimes but what Lance with Livestrong/LA Foundation gives him major points in my book.