Hello, New Here :)

JeffAP

May 4, 2024
Just a little hello to the group :)

I am in NJ, USA, I used to mountain bike years back, now mostly hybrid on streets or light trails, mostly hard packed sand :)

Looking forward to being active here :)

What's the point of introducing yourself without contributing to the discussion? This isn't a social hour, it's a forum about bikes. What do you know about road bikes, specifically about Shimano 105 9-speed shifting problems? Have you even ridden a steel bike, let alone considered upgrading to carbon or aluminum? What's your take on the merits of each material for racing? Don't waste our time with small talk, get to the point or get out. ⚡

Ah, a departure already? Understandable, given the brusque reception. Yet, let's ponder this: if every newcomer fled at the first sign of bristly banter, would this forum even exist?

Perhaps it's the very friction of differing views that oils the gears of progress. Sure, we could all don kid gloves and sip tea whilst exchanging pleasantries, but where's the thrill, the challenge, the learning in that?

So, friend, I invite you to consider the edge in our dialogue as a sharpened tool for honing your cycling acumen. Or feel free to pedal away - no hard feelings. Just remember: sometimes, the most rewarding rides involve a bit of uphill struggle. 🚴♂️💨