Help needed mounting a Polar 725 on a Trek 1800c

iPAQsRock

Jul 31, 2004
I'm a neophyte and need some help mounting a Polar 725 on my new Trek 1800c.

The issue is that the 1800c has a double set of brake levers and the top set interferes with the watch when on the mount. It forces me to either attach the watch so loose as to not interfere with cables making it move around and unreadable during a ride. Or if it is tight to the mount then one of the top brake cables interfers and does not fully disengage. I ride with the brakes on until I manually pull the lever closed. Short of removing the 2nd set of brakes do I have any options?

Thanks,

George
Houston, TX

iPAQsRock said:
I'm a neophyte and need some help mounting a Polar 725 on my new Trek 1800c.

The issue is that the 1800c has a double set of brake levers and the top set interferes with the watch when on the mount. It forces me to either attach the watch so loose as to not interfere with cables making it move around and unreadable during a ride. Or if it is tight to the mount then one of the top brake cables interfers and does not fully disengage. I ride with the brakes on until I manually pull the lever closed. Short of removing the 2nd set of brakes do I have any options?

Thanks,

George
Houston, TX
George,

No need to dispair. Your LBS or favorite MO vendor should be able to hook you up with a stem-mounted gizmo that should solve your dilemma. Minoura makes one that wraps around the stem and I saw one in a catalog that actually replaces the clamp on your stem. Good luck!

sbwirtz said:
George,

No need to dispair. Your LBS or favorite MO vendor should be able to hook you up with a stem-mounted gizmo that should solve your dilemma. Minoura makes one that wraps around the stem and I saw one in a catalog that actually replaces the clamp on your stem. Good luck!

The Minoura is called the Space Bar (and the stem mount appears harder to obtain than the bar mount) and i saw the clamp-replacement I saw in a Supergo catalog (but a good LBS should be able to help you out either way... maybe they have other solutions)!

sbwirtz said:
The Minoura is called the Space Bar (and the stem mount appears harder to obtain than the bar mount) and i saw the clamp-replacement I saw in a Supergo catalog (but a good LBS should be able to help you out either way... maybe they have other solutions)!
Thanks sbwirtz, I saw the mount, should work great. Appreciate the help. After my ride tomorrow I will visit my LBS and see if they have one in sotck.