Help Please Mercian or Bob Jackson Frame

jono

Guest
I am need of a new frame (old one has cracks in lugs) !
I am going for an Audax a cross between an road and tourer frame.

I note there is quite a price difference between Mercian and Jackson.
Thinking more about Jackson £50 less or so

Any one out their with some usefull advice.

Thanks.

Jon

It has removed 33 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

It has removed 33 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

"jono" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am need of a new frame (old one has cracks in lugs) !
> I am going for an Audax a cross between an road and tourer frame.
>
> I note there is quite a price difference between Mercian and Jackson.
> Thinking more about Jackson £50 less or so
>
> Any one out their with some usefull advice.

You can get an even cheaper Audax frame from Woodrups in Leeds
http://www.woodrupcycles.com

jono <[email protected]> wrote:
>I am need of a new frame (old one has cracks in lugs) !
> I am going for an Audax a cross between an road and tourer frame.
>
> I note there is quite a price difference between Mercian and Jackson.
> Thinking more about Jackson £50 less or so
>
> Any one out their with some usefull advice.

Actually more like £80 difference.

However, I have a Mercian Audax Special and don't regret one penny spent
on it. Mercian's are hearth brazed. This is the slowest method of making a
bike frame possible as each joint is pinned, set up in a hearth, heated to
let the brazing material flow, allowed to cool and then the next joint is
set up ect. ect.

That is where the extra money is spent and the end result is a bike that
feels alive underneath you. If you buy one you'll never regret it, if you
don't you'll always be wondering.

Tom
--
Return address is dead. Real address is at
http://toomanybikes.com/address.jpg