How to Learn to Ride a Bike in 15 Minutes

Umang Kumar

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Hello Friends,

It's a perennial parental rite of passage that used to mean skinned knees and worn patience. We've all seen a mom or dad holding onto the seat, and huffing and puffing while running behind a kid learning to ride a bicycle. Then the adults let go and watched anxiously as their children took their chances with the pavement. But there's a better and safer way to teach a child to ride. This method shows kids how to develop their balance, instead of relying on you and your aching back. And the best part: It can take as little as 15 minutes.
1. The Groundwork
2. Scout a Location
3. Safety Check and Bike Setup
4. Roll Away
5. Add Braking and Steering
6. Raise the Saddle, and Pedal
7. Helmet Safety

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

Among all these tips, the safety is the most important part. Most of the young kids tend to ride the bike at very high speed but we need to make aware of the dangers of riding the bike at very high speed. This will prevent the accidents. So it's important to teach them.

I related well as I read through the OP. Those were the exact same things I felt and did when my child was learning how to ride a bike. I was so afraid that he would fall so I would always be running behind him, never removing my sight off him while he tried his first rides. I also did experience the days of the aching back. Thank you for sharing your tips. :)

I shall see if is really true that with this method someone would learn to ride a bike in a basic manner within 15 minutes. It seems that relies on teaching balancing as soon as possible which is good, but I can't picture the whole thing without more details.

I remember learning how to bike. In the olden days, it would be your older sibling or your parents who would teach you. But if you have close friends and you are adventurous, you can also learn from your playmates. The first thing in the lesson is to have the passion. If you are scared then don't. Second is the comfort in the saddle for you need to pedal and the saddle would be your anchor. Third is the most important to look ahead, about 5 meters ahead of the bike's front wheel. That would help you gain balance. And the rest is up to you.

None of that will lead to learning to ride in 15 minutes. I hate misleading click bait topic titles like this one. I didn't see anything innovative or new in the original post.

I agree with Jcycle. I also think that it is not possible to learn to ride a bike in 15 minutes. Even if you want to be a non-professional, you need to learn to ride a bike for many days. Learning to ride a bike in 15 minutes does not make any sense at all.

It tooks me a week to learn bike, and need to have so many wounds before my bike become my friend. I was 6 during that time, and by the help of my brother my angry brother. But it was fun.

That is a good outline for a method that can teach younger kids how to bike. However, no one should rush learning riding a bicycle because it will only lead to problems later. Time should be allotted for learning all the basics of riding a bicycle and it doesn't really make sense to rush learning something you're going to do possibly for the rest of your life.

Yeah, but I think the 15 minutes is not enough to learn how use bike. it's just a safety procedure or for the safety of the rider. even an hour I think is not enough to learn bike.

I related well as I read through the OP. Those were the exact same things I felt and did when my child was learning how to ride a bike. I was so afraid that he would fall so I would always be running behind him, never removing my sight off him while he tried his first rides. I also did experience the days of the aching back. Thank you for sharing your tips. :)
he most important part. Most of the young kids tend to ride the bike at very high speed but we need to make aware of the dangers of riding

he most important part. Most of the young kids tend to ride the bike at very audacity temp mail origin high speed but we need to make aware of the dangers of riding