Hub maintenance questions

I have replaced or serviced just about every component on my bike,
except for the hubs. These are 1999 Campy Mirage front and rear hubs
with 15,000 road miles, and hundreds of hours of indoor trainer. I am
not hearing any noises from them, the bike seems to roll okay.

Should I do some maintenance on these hubs? I believe that the front
hubs use loose ball bearings, and the rear use a sealed cart bearing.
Maybe replace the front ball bearings, clean and regrease and readjust.

What size ball bearings are in there?

What about the rear hubs? Replace the cart bearings?

Or just keep riding until something gives out?

Thanks.

[email protected] wrote:
> I have replaced or serviced just about every component on my bike,
> except for the hubs. These are 1999 Campy Mirage front and rear hubs
> with 15,000 road miles, and hundreds of hours of indoor trainer. I am
> not hearing any noises from them, the bike seems to roll okay.
>
> Should I do some maintenance on these hubs? I believe that the front
> hubs use loose ball bearings, and the rear use a sealed cart bearing.
> Maybe replace the front ball bearings, clean and regrease and readjust.
>
> What size ball bearings are in there?

10 3/16 inch

> What about the rear hubs? Replace the cart bearings?

if smooth, pry the sel off and add grease, replace the seal.

> Or just keep riding until something gives out?

see above

> Thanks.

news:[email protected]...