I'm worried now........

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Crescentius Vespasianus, Oct 3, 2007.

  1. After getting my 29er, and after only
    with a few months of experience in mtb,
    I now dominate the locals in the trails
    around here. Proving to me it "IS" the
    bike you ride, more than ability,
    because some of these guys have been
    riding for years, but they ride crappy
    26" wheels, so I kick their ass. But
    now I'm worried, because I've been
    reading a lot on the 650B wheel. Does
    anyone know how a 650b stacks up against
    a 29er?

    Tags:

  2. >
    > Interesting. In r.b-t, you whine that you're burned out on riding. Yet
    > in this group, you're burning up the trails. How much attention do you
    > need?
    >
    > Regardless of which one is true, it's all really just pathetic.
    >
    > /s

    ----------
    I am burned out on road, but mtb I learn
    something new everyday.

  3. Scott Gordo

    Scott Gordo Guest

    On Oct 3, 1:20 pm, Crescentius Vespasianus <jazzyb...@hotmail.com>
    wrote:
    > After getting my 29er, and after only
    > with a few months of experience in mtb,
    > I now dominate the locals in the trails
    > around here. Proving to me it "IS" the
    > bike you ride, more than ability,
    > because some of these guys have been
    > riding for years, but they ride crappy
    > 26" wheels, so I kick their ass. But
    > now I'm worried, because I've been
    > reading a lot on the 650B wheel. Does
    > anyone know how a 650b stacks up against
    > a 29er?

    Interesting. In r.b-t, you whine that you're burned out on riding. Yet
    in this group, you're burning up the trails. How much attention do you
    need?

    Regardless of which one is true, it's all really just pathetic.

    /s

  4. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
    > After getting my 29er, and after only with a few months of experience in
    > mtb, I now dominate the locals in the trails around here. Proving to me
    > it "IS" the bike you ride, more than ability, because some of these guys
    > have been riding for years, but they ride crappy 26" wheels, so I kick
    > their ass. But now I'm worried, because I've been reading a lot on the
    > 650B wheel. Does anyone know how a 650b stacks up against a 29er?

    It bigger.

    HTH!

    Matt

  5. Rick

    Rick Guest

    wrote:
    > After getting my 29er, and after only
    > with a few months of experience in mtb,
    > I now dominate the locals in the trails
    > around here. Proving to me it "IS" the
    > bike you ride, more than ability,
    > because some of these guys have been
    > riding for years, but they ride crappy
    > 26" wheels, so I kick their ass. But
    > now I'm worried, because I've been
    > reading a lot on the 650B wheel. Does
    > anyone know how a 650b stacks up against
    > a 29er?

    prepare to be dominated. get the chicks while you can,
    get some cool "action shots", and spread rumors you're
    moving away.

  6. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "MattB" <somedudeus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
    >> After getting my 29er, and after only with a few months of experience in
    >> mtb, I now dominate the locals in the trails around here. Proving to me
    >> it "IS" the bike you ride, more than ability, because some of these guys
    >> have been riding for years, but they ride crappy 26" wheels, so I kick
    >> their ass. But now I'm worried, because I've been reading a lot on the
    >> 650B wheel. Does anyone know how a 650b stacks up against a 29er?

    > It bigger.

    It smaller.

    Greg
    --
    Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
    http://ticketmastersucks.org

    Dethink to survive - Mclusky

  7. MattB

    MattB Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > "MattB" <somedudeus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
    >>> After getting my 29er, and after only with a few months of experience in
    >>> mtb, I now dominate the locals in the trails around here. Proving to me
    >>> it "IS" the bike you ride, more than ability, because some of these guys
    >>> have been riding for years, but they ride crappy 26" wheels, so I kick
    >>> their ass. But now I'm worried, because I've been reading a lot on the
    >>> 650B wheel. Does anyone know how a 650b stacks up against a 29er?

    >> It bigger.
    >>

    > It smaller.
    >
    > Greg

    It just right?

  8. G.T.

    > G.T. wrote:
    >> "MattB" <somedudeus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> It bigger.
    >>>

    >> It smaller.
    >>
    >> Greg

    > It just right?

    It just wrong.

    Greg
    --
    Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
    http://ticketmastersucks.org
    "Ya gotta stop riding the brakes,
    ya gotta stop robbing the cradle" - Chris D

  9. JD

    JD Guest

    On Oct 4, 1:56 pm, "G.T." <getne...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
    > "MattB" <somedud...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > > G.T. wrote:
    > >> "MattB" <somedud...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > >> It smaller.

    > >> Greg

    > > It just right?

    > It just wrong.
    >
    > Greg

    We all know that 27ers are the biggest and best. They even help with
    road stunts.

    For those in the know, the suspect has been aprehended, arrested and
    vehicle impounded. A Wittier cop being dilligent the next day saw the
    vehicle, pulled it over and the driver admitted guilt.

    JD

  10. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > On Oct 4, 1:56 pm, "G.T." <getne...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
    >> "MattB" <somedud...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >> > It just right?

    >> It just wrong.
    >>
    >> Greg

    > We all know that 27ers are the biggest and best. They even help with
    > road stunts.
    >
    > For those in the know, the suspect has been aprehended, arrested and
    > vehicle impounded. A Wittier cop being dilligent the next day saw the
    > vehicle, pulled it over and the driver admitted guilt.

    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

    Greg
    --
    Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
    http://ticketmastersucks.org

    Dethink to survive - Mclusky

  11. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    "JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > On Oct 4, 1:56 pm, "G.T." <getne...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
    >> "MattB" <somedud...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >> > It just right?

    >> It just wrong.
    >>
    >> Greg

    > We all know that 27ers are the biggest and best. They even help with
    > road stunts.
    >
    > For those in the know, the suspect has been aprehended, arrested and
    > vehicle impounded. A Wittier cop being dilligent the next day saw the
    > vehicle, pulled it over and the driver admitted guilt.

    That just RIGHT.

    Roll On.. BS

  12. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

    "JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message

    > For those in the know, the suspect has been aprehended, arrested and
    > vehicle impounded. A Wittier cop being dilligent the next day saw the
    > vehicle, pulled it over and the driver admitted guilt.
    >
    > JD

    That's good news.

    I had to read that twice to realize the W being capitalized meant a cop from
    Wittier and not a wittier cop.....geesh, what a maroone.

    Gary

  13. MattB

    MattB Guest

    JD wrote:
    > On Oct 4, 1:56 pm, "G.T." <getne...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
    >> "MattB" <somedud...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> It just right?

    >> It just wrong.
    >>
    >> Greg

    > We all know that 27ers are the biggest and best. They even help with
    > road stunts.
    >
    > For those in the know, the suspect has been aprehended, arrested and
    > vehicle impounded. A Wittier cop being dilligent the next day saw the
    > vehicle, pulled it over and the driver admitted guilt.
    >
    > JD

    Excellent!

    Matt

  14. JD

    JD Guest

    On Oct 5, 8:04 am, MattB <somedud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    > > On Oct 4, 1:56 pm, "G.T." <getne...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
    > >> "MattB" <somedud...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > >> It just wrong.

    > >> Greg

    > > We all know that 27ers are the biggest and best. They even help with
    > > road stunts.

    > > For those in the know, the suspect has been aprehended, arrested and
    > > vehicle impounded. A Whittier cop being dilligent the next day saw the
    > > vehicle, pulled it over and the driver admitted guilt.

    > > JD

    > Excellent!

    Yes, most excellent Matt. It was a typo, Gary. I meant "Whittier".

    JD

Share This Page