=?iso-8859-1?q?Homemade_fahrrad_f=FCr_das_reiten_in_schnee!?=

On 22 Dec 2005 11:38:10 -0800, "Scott Gordo" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Sneeuwpret!
>http://www.m-gineering.nl/artic.htm

Well, that's one way to achieve a low ground pressure on a friable
surface. I like the larger slick center flanked by smaller knobbies,
but I have to wonder how it would handle in cornering.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:10:36 GMT, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Well, that's one way to achieve a low ground pressure on a friable
>surface. I like the larger slick center flanked by smaller knobbies,
>but I have to wonder how it would handle in cornering.

Since that setup is mainly for riding across Siberia, a frozen bering
strait, and down Alaska... 'cornering' as such won't be that much of an
issue. Maneuvering, yeah, but not cornering at speed. If the tyre
pressures are low enough, all 3 tyres will stay in contact with the ground
even during small leaning, anyway.

Jasper