=?iso-8859-1?q?Which_sub_=A3300_mountain_bike=3F?=

ben

Guest
I need to get a mountain bike soon and am considering the following:

Specialized Hardrock Sport or HR XC
Trek 3700, 3900 or 4300
Giant Rincon

Any opinions / advice on which one to get?

ben wrote:
> I need to get a mountain bike soon and am considering the following:
>
> Specialized Hardrock Sport or HR XC
> Trek 3700, 3900 or 4300
> Giant Rincon
>
> Any opinions / advice on which one to get?

I've only ever had
Specialized bikes, plus one Trek. Frome on the Trek broke (at the BB) -
so I went back to Specialized. Never had one problem with them.

Clive

ben said the following on 28/10/2006 09:50:
> I need to get a mountain bike soon and am considering the following:
>
> Specialized Hardrock Sport or HR XC
> Trek 3700, 3900 or 4300
> Giant Rincon
>
> Any opinions / advice on which one to get?

I have the Specialized, and for the money it's a great bike. Scores
well in magazine reviews as well.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> so - rigid forks better than cheap suspension forks ?

Yes, for the purposes that you want at the price you want.

Any suspension forks (cheap or expensive) are a waste of money/weight if
they're not going to be used in the right environment.

You'll have to learn how to ride over the bumpy bits that you describe -
you'll get used to them. Try standing up over the bumps, pedals horizontal,
legs slightly bent, arms ditto.

Other people may vouch for larger tyres or a suspension seatpost (though
never used one myself) to help cushion the bumps.

Peter

Peter said the following on 28/10/2006 20:32:

> //// Most people would say that you're unlikely to get a good pair of
> suspension forks at that price band...

Agreed. The RST suspension forks on my Hardrock were, um, not the best,
and have been replaced with something that offers more control. You're
not going to get that floating feeling over rough stuff without spending
somewhere around £1500 or more. For tow paths, you might as well go
rigid and save some weight.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/