Lance in Architectural Digest

On Jun 21, 5:16 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Jun 20, 4:46 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > No argument there, but where do the kids play? Hopefully there's
> > something outside for them as well. Then again maybe they have to
> > stay inside and genuflect in front of the yellow jerseys.

> > > Not the house I would choose, and I persist in believing the living room
> > > is nonsense, but I actually wished for more accompanying photos and
> > > maybe some floor plans. I don't read AD enough to know if that's a
> > > reasonable expectation.

> > The designers have a wonderful sense of outdoor space. The interior
> > could be a result of someone, and I'm not mentioning names, tying
> > their hands and micromanaging the design.

> When you see a house spread in Architectural Digest
> or any similar magazine, it's invariably been heavily
> styled. That means that a troop of stylists/designers
> descends on the house bearing rental or loaner
> furniture, art, accessories, and so on, radically
> rearranges everything, lights the rooms with a zillion
> candlepower of flashes or hot lights with huge
> diffuser boxes, takes the pictures, and evacuates,
> taking the loaners with them.
>
> This is probably true of LANCE's house even though
> they made heavy weather of his architects and designers
> and so on. I can believe that he really does have all
> that art on his walls, and that his living room does
> look like that (even he said he'll use it maybe a dozen
> times a year). But in reality, the excessive fussiness
> you see is a combination of his actual taste and the
> fact that Architectural Digest spreads show you a
> simulation of an interior rather than a space anyone
> actually lives in.
>
> Since he has little kids, we can virtually guarantee
> that there's at least one room in his house whose floor
> is covered in an ocean of toys when not being
> photographed.
>
> By the way, the Danny Lyon photograph in the kitchen
> near the sink is an extremely classic image, maybe a
> little too well known, but still, somebody who picked
> it had taste. It's the first picture here:
>
> http://www.torpedo-emscher.de/wr/union/rakete/danny_lyon.htm
>
> Ben
> RBR Stylist to the Stars

Michael Kenna would have been tres cooler. Or Friedlander. Lyons work
is important but too much of it looks like Robert Frank. I could sell
Lance some of mine, but he wouldn't buy because I'm unknown (aka a
nobody). His loss.

tf

In article <[email protected]>,
Ted van de Weteringe <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] schreef:
> > By the way, the Danny Lyon photograph in the kitchen
> > near the sink is an extremely classic image, maybe a
> > little too well known, but still, somebody who picked
> > it had taste. It's the first picture here:
> >
> > http://www.torpedo-emscher.de/wr/union/rakete/danny_lyon.htm

> From an era when bikeriders weren't necessarily fat. Yet.

"Where's their helmets?" Yeah, whatever.

Anyway, that was an era when guys who rode those bikes did so because it meant
they really were on the perimeters of society, rather than because they think it
makes them "badass" or gives them "cred."

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Jun 20, 7:22 am, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 12:34 am, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 19, 2:11 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > The new house looks nice.

> > > We can argue about the architectural and design details (the living
> > > room appears so fussy it left me questioning whether Lance might be a
> > > female retiree living in Boca,

> > <snip>

> > Dumbass -

> > I have that trait. It can happen in straight men.

> Ummm, no, it doesn't.  Allow me to illustrate.  Do you wear tight
> fitting clothing that accentuates your manly attributes?  Have you
> shaved your legs?  Do your shoes click when you walk along?  If you
> answered yes to any of these questions, you're gay.  Not that there's
> anything wrong with that.

Strawman.

On Jun 21, 8:37 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

>    Anyway, that was an era when guys who rode those bikes did so because it meant
> they really were on the perimeters of society, rather than because they think it
> makes them "badass" or gives them "cred."
>
> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                    The bloody pubs are bloody dull
>                    The bloody clubs are bloody full
>                    Of bloody girls and bloody guys
>                    With bloody murder in their eyes
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Wasn't a push a button and go, idiot friendly, poser activity then
either. I really have to wonder how many "bikers" today would still be
at it after the first time they either got smacked, or tossed by the
kickstarter? Nothing like rolling around on the ground, holding your
shin, and swearing while your buddies laugh at you and point out that
you forgot to retard the magneto, dumbass.
Besides, some of those bikes weren't H-D status symbols, they were
foriegn junk, and we all know that you aren't posin' right if you
aren't covered in the Motor Co. logo and paying WAY too much for
their, and only their "approved" stuff.
I still want a UL, or WL to putt around on, but that's even crazier
than the new priced stuff.
Cool is a knucklehead, or sidevalve, riding in a sprung post plunger
frame, belt primary, suicide shift, magneto ignition and girder up
front. Foot clutch, twist grip magneto advance, hidden cables, and
basic style brake levers on the bars, along with one of those cool
old, round, Brit, choke controls.
Regular width, bias ply replica tires, etc...That's cool ****. Not
real rideable/user friendly, but cool as hell. Out at the other end is
the Ducati 1098 which is WAY cool too.
Bill C
Bill C

[email protected] wrote:
> When you see a house spread in Architectural Digest
> or any similar magazine, it's invariably been heavily
> styled. That means that a troop of stylists/designers
> descends on the house bearing rental or loaner
> furniture, art, accessories, and so on, radically
> rearranges everything, lights the rooms with a zillion
> candlepower of flashes or hot lights with huge
> diffuser boxes, takes the pictures, and evacuates,
> taking the loaners with them.
>
> This is probably true of LANCE's house even though
> they made heavy weather of his architects and designers
> and so on. I can believe that he really does have all
> that art on his walls, and that his living room does
> look like that (even he said he'll use it maybe a dozen
> times a year). But in reality, the excessive fussiness
> you see is a combination of his actual taste and the
> fact that Architectural Digest spreads show you a
> simulation of an interior rather than a space anyone
> actually lives in.
>
> Since he has little kids, we can virtually guarantee
> that there's at least one room in his house whose floor
> is covered in an ocean of toys when not being
> photographed.

I find it disquieting that you know this.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> I find it disquieting that you know this.

He got a flat with modern angular furniture, expensive shirts
and peace doves for pets so what do you expect.

On Jun 22, 12:57 pm, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > This is probably true of LANCE's house even though
> > they made heavy weather of his architects and designers
> > and so on.  I can believe that he really does have all
> > that art on his walls, and that his living room does
> > look like that (even he said he'll use it maybe a dozen
> > times a year).  But in reality, the excessive fussiness
> > you see is a combination of his actual taste and the
> > fact that Architectural Digest spreads show you a
> > simulation of an interior rather than a space anyone
> > actually lives in.

> > Since he has little kids, we can virtually guarantee
> > that there's at least one room in his house whose floor
> > is covered in an ocean of toys when not being
> > photographed.

> I find it disquieting that you know this.
>
> Bob Schwartz

What, that people with little kids have rooms
covered in an ocean of toys? I also find it
disquieting that I know that.

Ben