Lights Camera Action!

On Apr 10, 5:51 am, "Rob." <[email protected].> wrote:
> Bill the Cat wrote:
> > Well, the days are getting shorter and I have a minimum 1hr 20min commute
> > home each day.

> > I have the obligatory crappy flashy be seen light, but I am looking for
> > something a whole lot brighter.

> > Torpedo 7 have a special on a 24w dual system with lead battery (Nightpro
> > Expert) for $99.
> >http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/NPLIHNNEX

> > Does anyone have experience with lights of this kind?

> > I see there are several types around but I do not really understand the
> > difference between the various set ups around.

> > Weight does not matter much to me, and these bottle batteries won't be a
> > problem when I manage to get another bottle cage on.

> > I think cheap is good, but I worry when things like this are too cheap.  Any
> > horror stories or recommendations?

> > Thanks

> > BtC

> The price should tell you something - like there finished and no one
> wants them.
>
> I would consider the battery replacement, charge time, etc. before
> rushing out and buying one. Your going to charge that up once a day at
> 1.3hrs each day commute time.
>
> Look for a good LED lamp with small rechargeable, easy replaceable,
> safe, keep in the pocket, batteries. They are available.
>
> LED lamps are still cheaper than the $99, what's more just as efficient.
>
> http://www.torpedo7.com.au/division/bike/menu/04-LI/title/Lighting- Hide quoted text -

we are manufacturer of kinds of led lights,please visist our website
http://www.fcled.com.

[email protected]

Jason

Hi

I found that using NiMH AA cells in C cell holders that any reasonable (I used
a cats eye) light works well. I got 5 days of commuting (only needed light at
night on way home) out of 800 mA/hour batteries, so I'd suggest that the
modern AA's being 2400 will do fine!

Then its choose your system, but I prefer to be able to easilly remove it as I
worked at a place where people would fleece anything left un bolted down.

:)

In article <[email protected]>, "Bill the Cat"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Well, the days are getting shorter and I have a minimum 1hr 20min commute
>home each day.
>
>I have the obligatory crappy flashy be seen light, but I am looking for
>something a whole lot brighter.
>
>Torpedo 7 have a special on a 24w dual system with lead battery (Nightpro
>Expert) for $99.
>http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/NPLIHNNEX
>
>Does anyone have experience with lights of this kind?
>
>I see there are several types around but I do not really understand the
>difference between the various set ups around.
>
>Weight does not matter much to me, and these bottle batteries won't be a
>problem when I manage to get another bottle cage on.
>
>I think cheap is good, but I worry when things like this are too cheap. Any
>horror stories or recommendations?
>
>Thanks
>
>BtC

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat
blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/

please remove undies for reply