Looking for a quality used double road crankset

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by brooksminer@gmail.com, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. I mistakenly posted this to rec.bicycles.tech earlier today, and am
    reposting it here to correct the error.

    Hi there,
    As the selection of quality used parts at bicycle shops across the
    country has declined over recent years due to people selling all their
    good stuff on Ebay, I thought I would try a different tactic and post
    to this list, as I rarely see this particular item on Ebay.

    I am looking for a quality used road crankset with the following
    characteristics:

    double (two chainrings)
    170 mm cranks
    6/7/8 sp compatible
    square taper
    small chainring: 39 t or less

    Someone must have exactly what I'm looking for sitting in his garage,
    like all of you who have moved on to 9- and 10sp systems.

    Contact me off-list if you have something like this that you're willing

    to part with. Thanks ~

    - Brooks

    Tags:

  2. brooksminer@gmail.com wrote:
    > I mistakenly posted this to rec.bicycles.tech earlier today, and am
    > reposting it here to correct the error.
    >
    > Hi there,
    > As the selection of quality used parts at bicycle shops across the
    > country has declined over recent years due to people selling all their
    > good stuff on Ebay, I thought I would try a different tactic and post
    > to this list, as I rarely see this particular item on Ebay.
    >
    > I am looking for a quality used road crankset with the following
    > characteristics:
    >
    > double (two chainrings)
    > 170 mm cranks
    > 6/7/8 sp compatible
    > square taper
    > small chainring: 39 t or less
    >
    > Someone must have exactly what I'm looking for sitting in his garage,
    > like all of you who have moved on to 9- and 10sp systems.
    >
    > Contact me off-list if you have something like this that you're willing
    >
    > to part with. Thanks ~
    >
    > - Brooks

    Have a really nice new double Centaur cranset for $95+ shipping.
    172.5...new 53/39 rings.

  3. Dick

    Dick Guest

Share This Page