Looking for non-black cycling shorts

Pharkas

Jul 20, 2003
Hi,

Can anyone post links to companies who make cycling non-black, non pro team, cycling shorts ?

I'm tired of the all blacks...

There must nice designs out there ???

Thanks

Pharkas said:
Can anyone post links to companies who make cycling non-black, non pro team, cycling shorts ?

Try www.velowear.com. The Voler team shorts come in 8 colors and their prices aren't bad. They also have some shorts with different patterns/designs.

Performance (or Nashbar, or both) also makes some shorts with color panels on the sides.

mike

Thank God for CyclingForums.com :D

What a waste of $ that would have been.

The Voler stuff is nice : black with colors/designs on the sides.

Any other suggestions ?

Susan Repp said:
Oh, that's it ruin all of us girls fun .. he must read "why cycling shorts should be black" .. :p '
I'm sorry Susan, but it's for the good of humanity.

I checked with Velowear.com and a few of the Voler models are out of stock & discontinued.

Would anyone know of online shops who would carry these ?

artmichalek said:
Here's pretty much why you haven't seen too many:
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t202362-.html

If you're still not convinced, and really want to go the white trash route, check these out:
http://store.velogear.com/diambluesden.html

OH GAWD! Please look at that first link before you make the mistake of going with colored shorts! UGH! If you do in fact decide to go with red, you might want to stop at the butcher shop on the way home for some brautwurst.

Also keep in mind that black matches the grease and grime that you get on your hands when your making a repair, which you inevitably end-up wiping on your shorts.

artmichalek said:
I'm sorry Susan, but it's for the good of humanity.

Humanity is hanging in the balance here .. bring on the red shorts I say - how about wearing 2 pairs? If you wear womens ones the foamy stuff comes up to ya waist and down to ya knees .. keeps us modest but it is like biking and walking around with a Hovis loaf (British uncut bread) between the thighs .. :eek:

Susan Repp said:
Humanity is hanging in the balance here .. bring on the red shorts I say - how about wearing 2 pairs? If you wear womens ones the foamy stuff comes up to ya waist and down to ya knees .. keeps us modest but it is like biking and walking around with a Hovis loaf (British uncut bread) between the thighs .. :eek: