Mark French faces drug investigation

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Mark French faces drug investigation
www.cyclingnews.com

Australian track sprinter Mark French has been named as the rider under investigation by the Australian Sports Commission and Cycling Australia for alleged doping offences. French, a multiple junior world champion, was sent a doping infraction notice on Wednesday afternoon, and he now has 14 days to request a hearing before the Court of Arbitration for Sport to contest the charges.

The investigation started just before Christmas when illegal drugs and syringes were allegedly found in French's room at the Australian Institute of Sport training centre in Adelaide. French had vacated the room before the drugs were found and he has also not tested positive to any banned substances.

French has not had his AIS scholarship renewed pending the outcome of the investigation. He was also not named in Australia's shadow Olympic squad. French has won the world junior sprint championship on two occasions (2001 and 2002) along with world junior titles in the team sprint (2001) and keirin (2002). He was also the UCI Track World Cup series champion in the sprint in 2003.

Originally posted by steve

gee, there's a group of young cyclists under a certain coach who all have had marked improvement to world class level over the last few years!

i wonder who that coach was? i wonder if that coach was involved with other world class athletes who are now banned from the sport. or in jail?

i know!

they maybe innocent, but they will always be smeared with his mud.

Originally posted by c_record
gee, there's a group of young cyclists under a certain coach who all have had marked improvement to world class level over the last few years!

i wonder who that coach was? i wonder if that coach was involved with other world class athletes who are now banned from the sport. or in jail?

Who are you talking about?

maybe you should read my post in brad mcgee rant in road racing and get back to me.