Me and Joe Breeze

bomba wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:25:55 -0700, Monique Y.
> Herman wrote:
>
>> A coworker of mine back in Virginia ran into a deer, or
>> rather, vice versa, while riding his bike to work.

> Holy **** that must have hurt. I've seen cars totalled
> by deer.

One of the scariest things that ever happened to me on a
bike was near the end of a ride at Cuyamaca (now closed due
to wildfires last fall).

Last stretch is a long, fun downhill, and right at a
clearing a HUGE FREAKING BUCK came sprinting across the
trail about 10 feet in front of me. No doubt in my mind it
would have killed me if we'd collided (zero chance to
prepare; came out of nowhere)...

Bill "worst part was...NO WITNESSES!" S.

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 2004-03-10, BB penned:
> >
> > Joe Breeze can have all the enthusiasm he wants, but its
> > not new bikes that Americans need, its a new attitude
> > and better city planning. Want people to ride bikes in
> > town? Start by making it so riders don't feel like
> > they're flirting death.
>
> Out of curiosity, what sorts of planning do you think
> would help this problem?

<snip>

Bridge access, bike lanes, and off-road paths, etc.
http://www.transalt.org/campaigns/bike/index.html /s