New Article on Asian Castings

Michael J. Klein

Guest
I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is used for
making many types of bicycle parts. I show a Taiwan designed racing
handlebar bracket being made using this technology, as well as some
other castings which demonstrate the capability of this unique
process.

http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

Michael J. Klein [email protected]
Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
www.goto-info.com
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

In article <[email protected]>,
Michael J. Klein <[email protected]> wrote:

> I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is used for
> making many types of bicycle parts. I show a Taiwan designed racing
> handlebar bracket being made using this technology, as well as some
> other castings which demonstrate the capability of this unique
> process.
>
> http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

Thanks for that, Michael! It was a very good illustration of the
investment casting process. One correction: you make a few funny
comments about why this is called "investment" casting, but I think the
term (as you surely know) is derived from the other meaning of "invest",
that being "to cover completely".

Share & Enjoy,
--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:36:21 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Michael J. Klein <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is used for
>> making many types of bicycle parts. I show a Taiwan designed racing
>> handlebar bracket being made using this technology, as well as some
>> other castings which demonstrate the capability of this unique
>> process.
>>
>> http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

>Thanks for that, Michael! It was a very good illustration of the
>investment casting process. One correction: you make a few funny
>comments about why this is called "investment" casting, but I think the
>term (as you surely know) is derived from the other meaning of "invest",
>that being "to cover completely".
>
>Share & Enjoy,

All anyone complains about is the cost and time they invest so thas
become the new anthem of investment casting! lol You're right, I do
enjoy humor although I admit its a bit dry! I found a few people that
didn't realise that investment casting and lost wax casting were the
same.

Michael J. Klein