New Article on Asian Castings

Michael J . Kle

Guest
I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is
used for making many types of bicycle parts. I show a Taiwan
designed racing handlebar bracket being made using this
technology, as well as some other castings which demonstrate
the capability of this unique process.

http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

Michael J. Klein [email protected] Dasi Jen, Taoyuan
Hsien, Taiwan, ROC Please replace mousepotato with
asiancastings
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected] jackson@sonet-
tw.net.tw [email protected] www.goto-info.com
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

In article <[email protected]>,
Michael J. Klein <[email protected]> wrote:

> I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is
> used for making many types of bicycle parts. I show a
> Taiwan designed racing handlebar bracket being made using
> this technology, as well as some other castings which
> demonstrate the capability of this unique process.
>
> http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

Thanks for that, Michael! It was a very good illustration of
the investment casting process. One correction: you make a
few funny comments about why this is called "investment"
casting, but I think the term (as you surely know) is
derived from the other meaning of "invest", that being "to
cover completely".

Share & Enjoy,
--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected]
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/ President, Fabrizio

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:36:21 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
>Michael J. Klein <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is
>> used for making many types of bicycle parts. I show a
>> Taiwan designed racing handlebar bracket being made using
>> this technology, as well as some other castings which
>> demonstrate the capability of this unique process.
>>
>> http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm
>
>Thanks for that, Michael! It was a very good illustration
>of the investment casting process. One correction: you make
>a few funny comments about why this is called "investment"
>casting, but I think the term (as you surely know) is
>derived from the other meaning of "invest", that being "to
>cover completely".
>
>Share & Enjoy,

All anyone complains about is the cost and time they invest
so thas become the new anthem of investment casting! lol
You're right, I do enjoy humor although I admit its a bit
dry! I found a few people that didn't realise that
investment casting and lost wax casting were the same.

Michael J. Klein Michael J. Klein [email protected]