Niagara Frontier Border Crossing

Noel Reed

Guest
Have been reading trip reports prior to cycling from Ontario
through New York State. Most riders seem to cross at Queenston-
Lewiston. Any reason why this seems to be more popular than
the Rainbow Bridge?

We will be heading for the Erie Canal.

Thanks, Noel

Noel,

Well, I've crossed a few times at both the Peace bridge and
the Rainbow bridge and have found them to be both
acceptable and problem free. Although when I crossed at the
peace bridge from Canada to the US the first time, I sat in
US customs for almost 45 minutes because I didn't go
through the "right" door.

I would imagine that perhaps there is less traffic at the
Queenston-Lewiston bridge than at the others. You can pick
up route 104 just off the bridge and take that out a bit.
That route will turn into more of a rural setting sooner
than if you go through Niagara Falls or Buffalo.

When you say you're heading for the Erie Canal, are you
planning on riding east towards Rochester& Albany? If you're
heading towards the western terminus you may be better off
coming over the Rainbow bridge.

Good Luck! Doug

"Noel Reed" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:4926-40C389E2-197@storefull-
3312.bay.webtv.net...
> Have been reading trip reports prior to cycling from
> Ontario through New York State. Most riders seem to cross
> at Queenston-Lewiston. Any reason why this seems to be
> more popular than the Rainbow Bridge?
>
> We will be heading for the Erie Canal.
>
> Thanks, Noel

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.692 /
Virus Database: 453 - Release Date: 5/28/2004