numbness in hands

robin617245

May 13, 2005
I've been riding a half hour a day 7 days a week since April 17 of this year on a stock ''27 Fuji Crosstown w/ road tires inflated to 115psi I am 6'1" tall. After my ride my hands are tingling and rather numb and I also am feeling the same symptoms in my legs to a lesser degree from pressure from the saddle. I ride on the roads and usually ride 8 miles in a half hour. I can't imagine riding longer unless I get this problem fixed. The handlebar height is even w/the highest part of the saddle and I have the saddle adjusted in a downward angle towards the front approximately 20 degrees from level. My leg is extended with my foot a little bit extended at the lowest point of the stroke on the crank.Surely there must be a solution for what I am experiencing. Any suggestions?

In the old days my hands went numb too, albeit after 3-4 hrs. The key was posture. Hands, arms and shoulders. I tweaked my set up a bit, gave my self a little more room and relaxed my shoulders, needless to say I don’t have a problem with numb hands anymore.

I would get your set up checked out. As for the numbness in the legs. I could be that your seat is too soft, yes it is possible. My advice would be, get down to your local bike shop and talk to them about the problem.