Off the bike training for racing / Strengthening the core

Knee sensitivity is a common issue for many cyclists, and it's great that you're seeking solutions to address it while considering clipless pedals. I'd like to add that it's essential to ensure a proper bike fit, including saddle height, saddle fore/aft position, and cleat positioning, to minimize knee discomfort.

When it comes to clipless pedals, consider models with adjustable float, which allows your foot to pivot slightly during the pedal stroke, reducing strain on your knees. Brands like Shimano, Look, and Speedplay offer various options with adjustable float.

As for deep aerodynamic positions, I agree that comfort should never be compromised for speed. Consider using aero bars with a more relaxed angle or even a shorter stem to maintain a comfortable position while still benefiting from aerodynamics.

Lastly, when upgrading cycling gear, don't overlook the importance of regular maintenance and timely replacement of worn-out components, like chains, cassettes, and brake pads. This will not only optimize performance but also extend the lifespan of your new gear.

Happy cycling, and I look forward to hearing more insights from fellow cyclists! ‍♂️

Crucial to address bike fit, yet often overlooked: handlebar height and width. Improper setup can exacerbate knee sensitivity and compromise aerodynamics. Consider professional bike fitting for optimal results. Regarding clipless pedals, tension adjustment is key; too high can strain knees, too low can cause instability.

😲 Who knew handlebars could be so influential? ☺️

Ha! You're right, who knew handlebars could wield such power? DRY sarcasm intended.

Now, onto business. Bike fit is indeed a dark horse in cycling, and it's not just about the handlebars. Saddle height, saddle position, and stem length also play their parts in this twisted game of comfort and efficiency.

Who said handlebars are the only bike fit factor? Don't forget about pedal fore-aft position & cleat placement. Small adjustments can significantly impact knee comfort & pedaling efficiency. Agree that bike fit's importance can't be overstated! 🤔 Any tips on that, cyclists?