OT (mostly) Heading south......

chris French

Guest
Posted a while back about our possible move down south to
Cambridge/Huntingdon, well after much 'maybe/maybe notting' it looks
like will be heading that way now from beginning of September

It's all bit complicated, the post is temporary locum post at first -
there will a permanent post interviewed for later on (Helen should be in
with good odds but with the NHS one never knows....), we have a new baby
due Nov 5th - so 6-8 weeks into a locum post Helen will go on maternity
leave...

Plan is to mostly live down in Huntingdon until mat leave, come back to
Leeds then, get proper job and then sell up and move for proper job next
year. Unless it all goes pear shaped....

Cycling content:

It looks awfully flat.........

But at least that means that I can probably take the brommie down and
use that too tow the trailer about (I'll not be working, so me and
current sprog will just be having fun)

--
Chris French, Leeds

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:10:57 +0100, chris French
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Posted a while back about our possible move down south to
>Cambridge/Huntingdon, well after much 'maybe/maybe notting' it looks
>like will be heading that way now from beginning of September
>
>It's all bit complicated, the post is temporary locum post at first -
>there will a permanent post interviewed for later on (Helen should be in
>with good odds but with the NHS one never knows....), we have a new baby
>due Nov 5th - so 6-8 weeks into a locum post Helen will go on maternity
>leave...
>
>Plan is to mostly live down in Huntingdon until mat leave, come back to
>Leeds then, get proper job and then sell up and move for proper job next
>year. Unless it all goes pear shaped....
>
>Cycling content:
>
>It looks awfully flat.........
>
>But at least that means that I can probably take the brommie down and
>use that too tow the trailer about (I'll not be working, so me and
>current sprog will just be having fun)

I used to live not far from Huntingdon. Head west; particularly north
west and you'll find gently rolling hills[1] and superb cycling
territory. Despite the presence of Peterborough, Huntingdon etc, the
lanes are still very free of car traffic.

[1] Well, hills compared to what's to the east, anyhow.

chris French <[email protected]>typed

> Posted a while back about our possible move down south to
> Cambridge/Huntingdon, well after much 'maybe/maybe notting' it looks
> like will be heading that way now from beginning of September

> It's all bit complicated, the post is temporary locum post at first -
> there will a permanent post interviewed for later on (Helen should be in
> with good odds but with the NHS one never knows....), we have a new baby
> due Nov 5th - so 6-8 weeks into a locum post Helen will go on maternity
> leave...

Ooooh! A sib for Elinor, how wonderful!

Good luck! Cambridge can be VERY COLD in the winter, be prepared! (I
ended up buying a new duvet at Robert Sayle when I did a
December/January locum at Addenbrookes.)

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

Good luck, keep in touch on here, I may end up doing York-Cambridge next summer !!!

We really ought to have our West Yorkshire u.r.c. meet up before your departure.

chris French wrote:

> Cycling content:
>
> It looks awfully flat.........

It is, but there's some very pleasant riding to be had (I live
in North Herts, nr Stevenage, and have cycled Hitchin-Cambridge a
couple of times).

If you decide to head west on the bike, there are some attractive
(and reasonably hilly) area to the north-east of Stevenage in
the area south of Royston; and also to the west of the A1M / north
of St. Albans.

The WAGN trains from Cambridge are reasonably good, and you can
take your bike to lots of good starting points during off-peak
hours.

--
jc

Remove the -not from email