Pics of Campa 11 speed

On Jun 23, 8:34 am, Scott Gordo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 8:07 am, Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]>
> wrote:

> > > I unfortunately don't have experience with modern brifter Campy, but
> > > anyone else found 9 speed Shimano is reliable and easy to tune while
> > > 10 speed is fiddly? It may be just my experience, and somebody
> > > certainly was going to do it (and Campy has been overshadowed by SRAM
> > > lately) but I'm not looking forward to skinnier, more expensive
> > > chains.

> > > Sure, I don't have to buy....

> > As for Campagnolo being 'overshadowed' by Sram, I don't get this.
> > Campagnolo does little to no OEM at any level, shimano does gobs. Many
> > bikes that were spec'ed with shimano 105/ultegra/DA came out in 2008
> > with Rival/Force/Red..who lost market share was shimano, not
> > Campagnolo. In our little microcosm of a bike shop where we start with
> > a frame, where we have all three shifter types on demo bikes, most
> > still opt for Campagnolo(85%), followed by shimano, Zero so far for
> > Sram this year.

> I don't have bicycle retaler-type info, but by "overshadowed" I just
> mean that, perception-wise, SRAM is seen as bold and new and exciting
> while Campy is staid. Riders are excited to try the SRAM stuff, right?

Seems those that get their stuff for free are excited as the ones we
have seen that have gotten a closeout Specialized with Force or Rival
seem excited. Most of the people looking for new bikes see our sram
bike, nod a bit and then ask about 7900 or SR.

Interest is driven by hype, not the other way around, IMO.

> I don't see how it's a better system, but that's not what I'm
> questioning here. I'm talking about interest and hype and how they
> likely correspond with sales.
>
> In turn, I'm starting to see more and more bikes in the NYC area
> outfitted with SRAM. Not saying it's better or worse, and maybe
> they're taking some of Shimano's market too, but I would think that
> since Campy sells less OEM (compared to Shimano) that they're probably
> suffering more from SRAM's entries into the market. Plus, SRAM sells a
> good deal of OEM MTB and department store Grip Shift stuff too, areas
> where, for better or worse and AFAIK, Campy has no offerings.
>
> The number of Campy bikes with, say, FSA cranks, can't be helping
> either.

Why Campagnolo made UT. Plus we are seeing more and more FSA products
with problems as they get 'older'.

> I'm not rooting against Campy by any means, just a few observations. I
> suspect that they may have been anxious that SRAM might come out with
> 11 speed and reinforce my first point that Campy hasn't done anything
> very exciting lately.

I really wonder if Campagnolo does anything as a direct result of what
shimano or sram does, at least not since about 1990 when shimano
showed that lever mounted shifting on road bikes was here to stay.

From: cyclintom@yahoo. com (Tom Kunich)

>Campagnolo has gone completely over
>the top. Looks like I'll be switching most
>of my stuff over to Shimano 9-speed with
>barend shifters.

I've got you beat. I put my bar end shifters back in control of my
Shimano 7 speed cogset two years ago. LOL

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use: