Polar s725

"Luka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
> Does anyone own polar s725
> (http://www.cycling-forum.info/articles/polar-s725/) ?
> I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor with cycling functions and
> altitude function and I was wondering if this is the right one for me ?

I've a Polar 710, forerunner to the 725 IIRC. Works nicely for me,
recording the ups & downs of the Chilterns as well as speed, cadence &
Heart Rate. Settable to 5, 15 & 60 second record intervals, and each
function
can be seperately turned on/off, so total record time varies with what's
enabled and record interval, but at worst, gives more than a couple of
hours,
and at best over a day I think.

Niv, Chas Roberts, Winter Hack, Marin MTB

Luka wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone own polar s725
> (http://www.cycling-forum.info/articles/polar-s725/) ?
> I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor with cycling functions and
> altitude function and I was wondering if this is the right one for me ?

I owned a Polar S720i and gave up on it in disgust. You can read why at

http://www1.epinions.com/content_247838969476

Basically, you're probably OK if your bike has standard geometry, but
there is no hope if your on a 20" wheeler or folder or anything like that.

EFR
Ile de France

Luka wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone own polar s725
> (http://www.cycling-forum.info/articles/polar-s725/) ?
> I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor with cycling functions and
> altitude function and I was wondering if this is the right one for me ?

I have a CAD200 and have just put it for sale on e-bay, here in case
anyone is interested http://tinyurl.com/yrpbd3. I thought is was great
although I big flaw for me was that if you are cycling over shallow
cabling the induction field effects the speed sensor. no Altimeter on it
though. That's why I've bought a Garmin Edge 305. Is the 725i the model
with a power output sensor? That would be a useful add on. Have you
looked at the Suunto model's, a very serious piece of equipment.

Hi Elisa,
Do you think it will work well with road bike ?
Elisa Francesca Roselli je napisal:
> Luka wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Does anyone own polar s725
> > (http://www.cycling-forum.info/articles/polar-s725/) ?
> > I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor with cycling functions and
> > altitude function and I was wondering if this is the right one for me ?
> >

> I owned a Polar S720i and gave up on it in disgust. You can read why at
>
> http://www1.epinions.com/content_247838969476
>
> Basically, you're probably OK if your bike has standard geometry, but
> there is no hope if your on a 20" wheeler or folder or anything like that.
>
> EFR
> Ile de France

No I only need it for my road bike :)

Luka wrote:

> Do you think it will work well with road bike ?

The s720i works very well with both a road bike and a mountain bike. The
battery lasts about 2 years as well. I used it for about 90 minutes a day
for commuting and the only problems I had were occasionally it didn't pick
up the heartbeat or the cadence sensor was knocked out of the way.
--
Chris

Ehrman's Commentary:
(1) Things will get worse before they get better.
(2) Who said things would get better?

> > "Luka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi,
> > > Does anyone own polar s725
> > > (http://www.cycling-forum.info/articles/polar-s725/) ?
> > > I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor with cycling functions and
> > > altitude function and I was wondering if this is the right one for me ?

I've been a happy user of the 720i for 3 years or so and it's never
given cause for complaint. The one major difference compared to the 725
is that the 720i automatically stops and starts during the ride; for me
thats near to essential.

--
Nige Danton
A sunny day in Shanghai