Presta or Schraeder?

Batesy

May 11, 2005
Just wondering what preferences people have (if any) for the type of valve they use... or if you just stick with what was originally fitted on the bike. If you bought a bike with Schraeder for example, would you switch to Presta or just leave them be?

Batesy said:
Just wondering what preferences people have (if any) for the type of valve they use... or if you just stick with what was originally fitted on the bike. If you bought a bike with Schraeder for example, would you switch to Presta or just leave them be?
I like chocolate and hate polls.

boudreaux said:
I like chocolate and hate polls.
Oh **** now you've done it. Without a doubt there will now have to be another poll:
Which type do you prefer?​

• white
• milk
• dark
• semisweet
• unsweetened
• Couverture​
:rolleyes:

I always use the Tubulars. Something about them. Good conversation starter too.

BTW, always remove and discard the plastic valve cap. In the event of a "roll off" of the tire from the rim, you have a greater chance of the tire coming free of the rim and a better chance of avoiding a fall.

Keeping the cap on the valve stem will result in zero chance of the valve stem slipping free thru the rim hole. The tire remains attached to the rim and causes the rotating wheel to stop instantly when it entangles with the fork or stays. Over you go.

Steve