Pro Cycling Manager 2006

Rocket_Man

Feb 10, 2006
Has anyone played this??? I'm sure someone has :p...Anyway...is it any good? Is it worth the purchase? Looks cool :rolleyes:

This game is awesome! Downloaded it (http://www.gamesplanet.com/campagne/promo.html?partenaire=9&jeu=ProCycle ) a week ago and have clocked up many hours. Warning: this game can detrimentally affect relationships!

It has every race in the calendar which you can compete in as a one-off race, or take ownership of any team and control every aspect such as sponsorship, tactics, training, equipment. You can even create your own stages!

When a race comes around, you can either simulate it or play in 3D and command every move of all your riders. So you can nominate what bikes/wheels they should ride, who will protect your leader, how hard they ride, when to attack, who’s wheel you want your sprinter to hold…etc etc. If there’s a breakaway, you might need to take charge and reel it in.

I decided to start by taking ownership of Unibet (continental team). So I have Baden Cooke in there and a reasonable budget. First off I looked at my team and decided who my stage racers were, who would compete in the classics etc…then organised some training (you can send them all over the world for training, the French Rivieria, Majorca, the Iberian Peninsula, Sydney, Africa). The sponsors set goals for you, eg. win the Vuelta a Murcia, podium in Veeneendaal-Veeneendaal etc. So those are the races you need to focus on for the year and make sure your top riders are ready for. I'm hoping to get some success and then see if I can get a job in a ProTour team.

The game is supported by an online community who create databases of other teams and riders, provide patches and fixes. Check out their website… http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forums/index.php?game=cym

If you love cycling and love manager-style games…you will love this game!

Walrus where did you buy the game from? Rocket man have you found anywhere you can download it in full?