psychic? synchronicity? coincidence?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Kristofer Dale, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. Ran across this bit, in a thread discussing riding without a helmet:

    (quote)

    From: Joel M. Eichen (joeleichen@yahoo.com) Subject: Re: Mercury filling restriction laws and
    repealing helmet laws ~ a no brainer! Newsgroups: sci.med.dentistry Date: 2003-05-28 07:03:57 PST

    Clever biking sig file:

    ********

    (hope this works)

    STOLEN from elsewhere!

    **********************

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist, _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    (unquote)

    Oddly enough, although I seriously doubt the "good doctor" knew this, I don't wear a helmet when I
    bicycle. I beg to differ with him on the origin of my tagline, it isn't stolen, but I did modify an
    existing "ascii" graphic to suit my own taste. If that is stealing, then perhaps we should return a
    good deal of English to its rightful owners... ;^]

    Tags:

  2. "Kristofer Dale" <barefoot@nmia.com> wrote in message
    > Ran across this bit, in a thread discussing riding without a helmet:
    >
    > (quote)
    >
    > From: Joel M. Eichen (joeleichen@yahoo.com) Subject: Re: Mercury filling restriction laws and
    > repealing helmet laws ~ a no brainer! Newsgroups: sci.med.dentistry Date: 2003-05-28 07:03:57 PST
    >

    > Clever biking sig file:
    >
    > ********
    >
    > (hope this works)
    >
    > STOLEN from elsewhere!
    >
    > **********************
    >

    > --
    > _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist, _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at
    > large...
    >

    > (unquote)
    >
    > Oddly enough, although I seriously doubt the "good doctor" knew this, I don't wear a helmet when I
    > bicycle. I beg to differ with him on the origin of my tagline, it isn't stolen, but I did modify
    > an existing "ascii" graphic to suit my own taste. If that is stealing, then perhaps we should
    > return a good deal of English to its rightful owners... ;^]

    That's a bicycle?! I thought you were a paraplegic!

    --Rich

  3. Rich Shewmaker <rich@ilhawaii.net> wrote:

    > That's a bicycle?! I thought you were a paraplegic!

    Which, I might add, indicates your poor cognitive and associative skills, and decided lack of
    imagination... ;^]

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist, _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

  4. "Kristofer D. Dale" <barefoot@plato.nmia.com> wrote in message
    > Rich Shewmaker <rich@ilhawaii.net> wrote:
    >
    > > That's a bicycle?! I thought you were a paraplegic!
    >
    > Which, I might add, indicates your poor cognitive and associative skills, and decided lack of
    > imagination... ;^]
    >
    > --
    > _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist, _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at
    > large...

    If you imagine it going this way --->, it is clearly a wheelchair.

    ;o) Rich

  5. WB <no_one@nowhere.net> wrote:

    > Actually it is going to the right (----->) Copy and paste the ascii art into notepad. For some
    > reason on usenet it comes out spaced wrong.

    Or, you could set your display to a "monospaced" font such as Courier. Usenet has no control over
    the default settings of your interface...

    --

  6. Rich Shewmaker <rich@ilhawaii.net> wrote:

    > If you imagine it going this way --->, it is clearly a wheelchair.

    Okay, and if I imagine you "going both ways", it is clearly just another subjective response to
    external stimulus... ;^]

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist, _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org