PT300 data/interval limitation?

CiscoKid

Aug 15, 2010
Hi. I have a "older" PT300 with the CycleOps USB data stick that I've had for about 2 months (I don't think there is a USB stick now with the newer Joule 3 models).

While it's has some issues with transferring data after a ride into PowerAgent (some kind of Java issue that causes me to have to try up to 15 times to upload my data), I've never lost data before until today. Most of the time, I have just really went right into my intervals without a warm-up or cool down with no more than 1 break in between, but I've been trying to change that.

Today, I did a 15 min warm-up and then went right into a 1x30 L4 interval. I took a slight break, then jumped back on for another 1x30 L4 (had to turn the unit back on) . Jumped off again for some water, then I did a 20 minute cool-down (had to turn the unit back on again).

When I uploaded my data, the initial warm-up and L4 interval was missing - the 2nd L4 and cool-down was there, though. I realized I don't think I've ever done more than 2 "data" intervals before this, and I'm wondering - is this why I lost the first data set? While I do like the PT300, I haven't been too happy with the USB transfer even before I appear to have lost data. I still really haven't come up with any "manual" that talks about the USB, and I haven't found CycleOps support to be very helpful (with the Java issue, anyway).

Advice appreciated!