Re: A different look at the helmet debate: was cycling links -

Just zis Guy, you know?

Guest
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:01:12 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Roberta
Hatch) wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>Grow a brain before responding next time, stupid.

You seem to assume that our position is based on ignorance and yours
on expertise; how many of the helmet studies have you actually read?
You may well have read more than I, I only have about a hundred and
sixty in my database so I am definitely still on the learning curve.

Tell you what: you tell me what proportion of serious head injuries
you think helmets prevent, citing the study from which it is taken.
We can then discuss whether the methodology of that study is sound or
not. A free choice for you, any paper, from the one showing -40% to
the one showing +186% - if I haven't got your preferred one I can
probably get it quickly enough.

While you're about it check this out:
http://agbu.une.edu.au/~drobinso/NZlaw_costs.pdf

See if you can account for the dissimilarity between the helmet use
and head injury curves.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:06:57 +1100, "DRS"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:01:12 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Roberta
>> Hatch) wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>>
>>> Grow a brain before responding next time, stupid.

>> You seem to assume that our position is based on ignorance and yours
>> on expertise; how many of the helmet studies have you actually read?
>> You may well have read more than I, I only have about a hundred and
>> sixty in my database so I am definitely still on the learning curve.

>aus.bicycle does a really good job of not getting sucked into this endless
>argument. Why did you put us in the headers? Go away.

Doesn't wearing a helmet make it more difficult to bury your head in
the sand?

Reminder: Australians are now fatter than Americans.

<http://www.themercury.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11450540^421,00.html>

--
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under

- C.S. Lewis

"Chris B." wrote:

> Reminder: Australians are now fatter than Americans.
>
> <http://www.themercury.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11450540^421,00.html>

And their forefathers were criminal scum.

What a nice gene pool!

--

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:57:03 +1100, "DRS"
<[email protected]>, a netiquette nazi who didn't indicate
that he was trimming the groups header wrote:

>"Chris B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>
>**** off, troll.

No hug for me then, fat kook? <g>

--

slim wrote:
> "Chris B." wrote:

>> Reminder: Australians are now fatter than Americans.

> And their forefathers were criminal scum.
>
> What a nice gene pool!

:) And your forefathers were?

Americans are descended from terrorists who broke away from the Crown.
British are people who descended from Celts, Romans, Saxons, Normans,
Vikings and, some say, goats.

Theo

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> slim wrote:
> > "Chris B." wrote:

> >> Reminder: Australians are now fatter than Americans.

> > And their forefathers were criminal scum.
> >
> > What a nice gene pool!

> :) And your forefathers were?

NOT closed circle of criminals.