Re: So which 'safety' equipment do you cycle with?

In article <[email protected]>, Chris Malcolm
<[email protected]> wrote:
> > As subject line really ... Which, if any so called 'safety'
> > equipment do you all cycle with?

> Rear view mirror.

Whilst clearing out the shop I came across a new chrome rear view
mirror. As an experiment I left it outside on the wall, ten days
ago, and it still hasn't been pinched. Are modern yoofs honest or
are mirrors not trendy?

Sandy Morton wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Chris Malcolm
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> As subject line really ... Which, if any so called 'safety'
>>> equipment do you all cycle with?

>> Rear view mirror.

> Whilst clearing out the shop I came across a new chrome rear view
> mirror. As an experiment I left it outside on the wall, ten days
> ago, and it still hasn't been pinched. Are modern yoofs honest or
> are mirrors not trendy?

It may be due to the place where you live. I suspect the crime rate on
your island is low, esp. during winter/ early spring.

Where I live it probably would have gone in ten minutes (or more likely
picked up and smashed on the ground.)

Martin.

Sandy Morton <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Chris Malcolm
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > As subject line really ... Which, if any so called 'safety'
>> > equipment do you all cycle with?

>> Rear view mirror.

> Whilst clearing out the shop I came across a new chrome rear view
> mirror. As an experiment I left it outside on the wall, ten days
> ago, and it still hasn't been pinched. Are modern yoofs honest or
> are mirrors not trendy?

Young bicycle thieves are dedicated followers of fashion. The best
protection against theft is a bike and accessories that are
unfashionable in yoof circles.

--
Chris Malcolm [email protected] DoD #205
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]